Register Now
Alexander.

COVID-19 Impact on the Gaming industry

Surely the gaming industry has benefited from COVID-19. More people are playing games and thus buying games. As for stores that revolve around selling digital copies of games, it is a nudge to point them towards the right direction; the future, especially gaming is online. At the start of lockdown, I was gaming all day and most people I know are still gaming all day; personally I find repetitive tasks boring.

Hear me out on this.

There is one problem. The more you game, the better you get at the game. The better you get, the easier the game itself becomes. Often, that leads to boredom with the game, because it's just too easy. Two games that I have mastered ae Zelda A Link To The Past (SNES), and Zelda Ocarina Of Time (N64). There are a couple things in Ocarina that I haven't been able to accomplish. I'm a horrible shot on it with the bow, so I've never been able to acquire a bigger quiver. But I have moved away from playing them as much as I used to, because they have begun boring me due to how easy they have become. It's part of why my gaming library is so massive. I play a game so much, that it becomes too easy. So I lose interest for a long time and have to find something else. Open world games offer much more, but some of us aren't all that into it. I'm a classic/retro gamer. I don't play much past the N64/PS1 era. My interests stick almost exclusively to early cartridge systems. Atari 2600, NES, SNES, N64, PS1, and a few PS3 games.

30 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Hear me out on this.

There is one problem. The more you game, the better you get at the game. The better you get, the easier the game itself becomes. Often, that leads to boredom with the game, because it's just too easy. 

I completely agree. I played FIFA 20 so much in 2019 that I am unbeatable in 2020 and that doesn't motivate me to play anymore. I've had a few people challenging me to a game but I tell them that it's boring because I know I will win, they don't agree so in the end we play and I easily win. 

That being said if anyone wants to challenge me to a game on FIFA 20 (PS4), hit me up! 😜