Register Now
skyfire

ROG Phone 2 : Would you buy it?

ASUS seems to be getting in competition with the BlackShark. And there seems to be pretty much demand for their new phone. Not sure how much good and bad reviews are out there. It seems like sales are happening for their ROG series. 

Would you buy ROG 2? 

Well, as far as I'm concerned, I'm definitely not going to be getting any gaming phone soon because I'm on tight budget as it stands but if something changes for the better, then I might consider buying. 

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

This is old phone and thread you have bumped heatman. The ROG phone has now new version which is way past the current phone and on gaming standards this phone is kind of old now. 

I believe that we both have the same deposition towards the phone as it's not worth it for gaming as it's low for better gaming experience. 

On 7/25/2021 at 3:09 PM, Heatman said:

I believe that we both have the same deposition towards the phone as it's not worth it for gaming as it's low for better gaming experience. 

No. ROG phones are gaming only phones with minimum 8GB RAM. So you seem to be misunderstood there. 

It's one of those tech that people want or I got to have one of those so that I can say to people, Look what I got 😛 

However, It's not cheap, out of my bank budget. But why get a gaming phone to game, when I spend spend on more greater PC parts and game on a far bigger screen 😛 Even the newer phone I say no too it.

2 hours ago, skyfire said:

ROG phones however last atleast 3 years or so though. I am pretty much in love with them. Plus latest 5 is having the 5G so that is a good support on the network side too. 

Yeah, you're absolutely right about the 5G link up with good network. We used to think 4G was great till we got a taste of 5G. 

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

ROG phones however last atleast 3 years or so though. I am pretty much in love with them. Plus latest 5 is having the 5G so that is a good support on the network side too. 

I agree, how they look, what specs and what they can do and offer is out of this world for a handhold. But why add RGB on the case 😛 If they remove that, it would be $10 cheaper and more battery life 😛 

14 minutes ago, Empire said:

I agree, how they look, what specs and what they can do and offer is out of this world for a handhold. But why add RGB on the case 😛 If they remove that, it would be $10 cheaper and more battery life 😛 

What company would ever want to sell their products short in terms of price when they are well aware that they can sell it for a lot more? 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

What company would ever want to sell their products short in terms of price when they are well aware that they can sell it for a lot more? 

Outside of Apple and to some extent Samsung, most companies can't sell their flagships for premium prices and get away with it. Most people simply won't buy their devices because it isn't a Samsung or Apple device.

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Outside of Apple and to some extent Samsung, most companies can't sell their flagships for premium prices and get away with it. Most people simply won't buy their devices because it isn't a Samsung or Apple device.

If the devices are worth the prices being called after the customers have evaluated the products, they may most likely purchase it. 

I'm sorry, but I just can't see the point in phones like this.

Mobile games aren't very taxing on hardware. They can't be because no developer of a game for mobile games would limit the player base by designing a game that way. It's not like the PC market whare a person having hardware limitations that won't let new games run effectively is something that is accepted. If a PC gamer finds themself in that situation, it's upgrade the pc and then buy the game later. Upgrading a phone often isn't as easy as that because of the abundance of contracts. Also with the vast majority of games on mobile being freemium, these devs will want thier game to be available to as many people as possible. Likewise customers with even semi decent phone or tablet will expect any game they download to work as they aren't responsible for the hardware, unlike pc owners. In short, why buy a phone like this when a mid-range smartphone will be able to play the same game? People don't (or imo, at least shouldn't) take mobile games that seriously.

20 hours ago, Shagger said:

Mobile games aren't very taxing on hardware. They can't be because no developer of a game for mobile games would limit the player base by designing a game that way. 

I have to disagree with that point. Just try running all the games of Final Fantasy, Fortnite, many other battle royale and various RPG in Google play stores. Their RAM requirement alone starts from 6GB onwards. We are in 2021. Niche games that demand specific features of phone has now a new normal. Mobile is not just about fruit ninja and angry birds games anymore. 

47 minutes ago, skyfire said:

I have to disagree with that point. Just try running all the games of Final Fantasy, Fortnite, many other battle royale and various RPG in Google play stores. Their RAM requirement alone starts from 6GB onwards. We are in 2021. Niche games that demand specific features of phone has now a new normal. Mobile is not just about fruit ninja and angry birds games anymore. 

OK. I'm a gamer. I play games a lot on "real" devices like PC and console. I can play Fortnight (if I wanted to because that' a FTP fad and totally belongs in the pathetic realm of mobile games), Battle Royal Games (a very poor argument for mobile games because, again, that really is a freemium fad all of it's own) and Final Fantasy (I've only seen a number of older FF games and some horrible FPT crap disgracing the name available on mobile, many of which cost a premium, so you've got some work to do convince me that I need a phone with such hardware to run them).Given how much this, and similar, products are geared toward gamers, please complete the following sentence;

"I as a serious gamer need something like the ROG 2 phone in my life because..."

Edited by Shagger