Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
skyfire

17'' or 15'' Screen?

Currently I have one 17'' Dell which is getting older. And currently one more new desktop for the family member which has 15''. So based on performance on both. I am kind of addicted to the 17'' screen performance. 

What would you choose?

I can understand Dell being bad at many points, for me HP is like that. But so far screen is working for me well from Dell. 

If your used to a 17" screen then I wouldn't go any smaller, in fact if what you've got is still working without any issues I'd probably just stick with it for now, save a little longer and get somthing a little bigger and better.

Are we talking about just a normal monitor here and why those sizes? Get a nice 24inch or even bigger to 27inch 

15 to 17 are small nowadays unless you need a laptop screen replacement. 

If you have the space, I recommend getting a TV to use as your monitor. Your sizing can go as far as you want it to, and ofter with capabilities better than a gaming monitor and at better prices too.

Yes you catched it right. I have some space issues. And also while changing apartment I noticed that often even those bigger display TVs are pain to move. I do however have no issues with the desktop monitors but still 17'' does make a difference. 

For me, 17 is way too small. My current one is 23.5 I believe and I want something larger. I guess it depends on how far away you intend on sitting from your screen. Even my laptop screens have the be a minimum of 16.