Jump to content
Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
Alexander.

What related activities do you do when your not gaming?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

As the title says, What related gaming activities do you do when your not playing? As someone who really likes to interactive with others, I enjoy posting on popular gaming forums and social media platforms in relation to gaming.  I've been reading PC Gamer too and I'll go over to IGN from time to time for some non-PC game coverage and ratings. Occasionally, I'll watch gameplay on sites like YouTube and twitch, there are some great content creators out there. 

Edited by Alexander.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mostly watch out the gameplays and also make sure to learn about new gamers and the tournaments. Some of the times I also keep an eye on game development. I have few tools downloaded which I am going to use to make games like zelda or say puzzle games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I'm playing sports video games, I'm more likely to want to play real sports probably.  It causes sports to be on my mind more.   However, though, I haven't played sports games in years - and I can't really say if playing games did cause me to play sports more.  Well, this is just something I think could occur - with more probability. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2020 at 11:03 AM, skyfire said:

I mostly watch out the gameplays and also make sure to learn about new gamers and the tournaments. Some of the times I also keep an eye on game development. I have few tools downloaded which I am going to use to make games like zelda or say puzzle games. 

Watching gameplays is something that a lot of people do but personally I have no interest in this, I would rather play games myself than watch others play games. Probably just me.

On 6/2/2020 at 6:29 AM, Jayson said:

When I'm playing sports video games, I'm more likely to want to play real sports probably.  It causes sports to be on my mind more.   However, though, I haven't played sports games in years - and I can't really say if playing games did cause me to play sports more.  Well, this is just something I think could occur - with more probability. 

This is me. When I'm not playing Fifa or Football Manager, I feel like playing football myself! 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watch videos on YouTube a lot. They're not streaming videos, but more just gaming videos in general. We all know AVGN, but I'm also subscribed to FuzzFingerGaming, JohnRiggs, and a couple others. They have really good content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I probably have the weirdest and most specific game-related activity when I am not gaming. I fell in love with art deco and art nouveau styles when playing BioShock games, so I bought a set of drafting stencils so I can try to make designs of my own (so far I am incredibly bad at it).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2020 at 2:16 AM, ARx182 said:

Watching gameplays is something that a lot of people do but personally I have no interest in this, I would rather play games myself than watch others play games. Probably just me.

I watch gameplays when I get stuck. Like say if I am stuck with the puzzle game or the games which don't much make sense and you have to find something for clues. In suchc ase watching gameplays and moving ahead of that level if what works for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The gameplays I've been watching lately have been of Kamakazegames playing racing games on Youtube.  His driving style is a lot more aggressive than mine, I'm not really into beating and banging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, skyfire said:

I watch gameplays when I get stuck. Like say if I am stuck with the puzzle game or the games which don't much make sense and you have to find something for clues. In suchc ase watching gameplays and moving ahead of that level if what works for me. 

That makes sense. I've probably done that myself some time in the past, but I was referring to people who watch gameplay as a source of entertainment. I guess everyone has their own definition of entertainment but watching gameplays is certainly not mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think entertainment wise there is much fun in it. In fact watching gameplays and spoiling the story means you don't want to play that game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, skyfire said:

I don't think entertainment wise there is much fun in it. In fact watching gameplays and spoiling the story means you don't want to play that game. 

Exactly. Especially games like Fortnite (which are free and very easily accessible), wouldn't you just rather play the game instead of watching others play the game? Just a thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Battle royale gameplays are nothing but a waste of time. I mostly watch the puzzle game gameplays. And it works out for me. For example check out the spirits game which gets difficult later on. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheSteelyardDweller said:

when I am not gaming I am watching other people gaming

Tell us what video games you enjoy watching. What are some of your favourite content creators and which platforms do you use? Twitch.TV, YouTube or both? Are there any other gaming activities that you do when you're not gaming? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...