Register Now
RedmondG

Metroid Prime 4

I love the Metroid series, especially the Prime's but what is happening with it? The rumours started in 2015ish, then Metroid Prime 4 was announced at Nintendo’s E3 2017 Spotlight Livestream, and as per the Nintendo Switch, the game was under development. Then in January 2019, the short video was uploaded by Nintendo on its youtube channel, showing that the game is under development, and the project is restarted under Retro Studios but there is no announcement on the release of the game! Is this ever going to happen? Any idea when?

Edited by RedmondG

Yeah, if you read what you typed you stated that it was restarted under Retro studios, meaning all those years of waiting for it up to that point were wiped away and started over. So at this point, the wait is only long because they had to start over from the drawing board.

But hey, if the game turns out awesome, the wait is well worth it.

Edited by Demon_skeith

On 6/3/2020 at 6:40 AM, RedmondG said:

I love the Metroid series, especially the Prime's but what is happening with it? The rumours started in 2015ish, then Metroid Prime 4 was announced at Nintendo’s E3 2017 Spotlight Livestream, and as per the Nintendo Switch, the game was under development. Then in January 2019, the short video was uploaded by Nintendo on its youtube channel, showing that the game is under development, and the project is restarted under Retro Studios but there is no announcement on the release of the game! Is this ever going to happen? Any idea when?

Have you ever played Metroid II on GBA? If not, you should pick them up. It's a pretty sweet game. And considering that the GBA isn't designed to fit the Game Genie, there's no way to cheat. So that's another plus.

Edited by The Blackangel

16 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Have you ever played Metroid II on GBA? If not, you should pick them up. It's a pretty sweet game. And considering that the GBA isn't designed to fit the Game Genie, there's no way to cheat. So that's another plus.

I believe metriod II got remade for the 3DS as well, which is a good play.

On 6/25/2020 at 2:22 PM, skyfire said:

There is Metroid 4 and so the franchise has moved much ahead. And in fact with PS 5 out I can imagine they adding more into their content. 

It will be a Nintendo exclusive only. At some point it will only be playable via the Switch.

I love Metroid II dude!!! As @Demon_skeith said, it was remade for the 3DS and I would highly recommend it :)

On 7/4/2020 at 8:14 PM, RedmondG said:

It will be a Nintendo exclusive only. At some point it will only be playable via the Switch.

There is some speculation that they may reveal something once the new console is out. I hope that happens. 

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Any speculation on what this new console will be? Or how they plan to outdo the Switch? I'm curious how they plan to beat a system that can go back and forth between portable and TV console.

I haven't anything about a new console. If they are planning anything it's probably a mid-gen refresh of the Switch with a bit more power.