Register Now
StaceyPowers

Does anyone like the werewolf powers in Skyrim?

I have one werewolf character in Skyrim, but I almost never use my “powers,” because it always seems like I just die because I am forced to melee fight and cannot use any potions to heal. Does anyone like the werewolf powers, and if so, what do you recommend for getting better use out of them?

I think they are pretty much worse than pointless.  They generally make your character substancialy weaker.  I play on the hardest difficulty setting with badass custom tempered and enchanted weapons and armour.  Becoming a werewolf removes it and I die in maybe 2 or 3 hits!  It's not balanced at all.

On 6/5/2020 at 2:34 PM, Crazycrab said:

I think they are pretty much worse than pointless.  They generally make your character substancialy weaker.  I play on the hardest difficulty setting with badass custom tempered and enchanted weapons and armour.  Becoming a werewolf removes it and I die in maybe 2 or 3 hits!  It's not balanced at all.

I think the problem is that it forces you to melee fight, and by the time you reach your target, your health is already down significantly in some cases and you can’t drink any potions. Though I did discover a ring in Solstheim which allows your health to gradually regenerate (at the same rate it usually does in normal form, I believe) when in werewolf form.

On 6/26/2020 at 11:00 PM, TheSteelyardDweller said:

no they  r terrible

Why do you think they're terrible? Have you transformed into a werewolf on Skyrim formally? What don't you like about this feature in the game? Werewolfs are very OP and I like them. The increased speed and immunity to diseases is a massive plus.

Edited by Alexander.

2 hours ago, Alexander. said:

Why do you think they're terrible? Have you transformed into a werewolf on Skyrim formally? What don't you like about this feature in the game? Werewolfs are very OP and I like them. The increased speed and immunity to diseases is a massive plus.

You could argue it depends on your character build but, I don't see how becoming a werewolf actually can make you stronger.  You can't use your weapons so any benefit of any enchantments or smithing gives you is out the window,  You also can't sneak, use potions, scrolls, spells or your shouts.  Immunity to diseases means nothing since they are so easy to cure and even if I really did feel the need to be immune or resistant to disease I'd use my enchanting skill or play as an argonian both of which are far more effective ways round it.

2 hours ago, Alexander. said:

You could argue it depends on your character build but, I don't see how becoming a werewolf actually can make you stronger.  You can't use your weapons so any benefit of any enchantments or smithing gives you is out the window,  You also can't sneak, use potions, scrolls, spells or your shouts.  Immunity to diseases means nothing since they are so easy to cure and even if I really did feel the need to be immune or resistant to disease I'd use my enchanting skill or play as an argonian both of which are far more effective ways round it.