Register Now
StaceyPowers

What do you do to eliminate distractions when you are gaming?

@Alexander. made a thread about gaming during day vs. night, and I game at night in large part to screen out bright light, environment noises, pain issues, and other distractions which are more prominent during the day. It made me curious what else other people here do to try and screen out distractions while gaming to make your experience more immersive?

Assuming I’m even able to keep my ass awake long enough to offer any decent amount of attention to a game, I usually isolate myself. Most of my systems are in my office, so it’s just me and my rats in there. If I’m not gaming in there I’m watching YouTube or I passed out at my desk. If I passed out again, I usually have to be watched by someone to make sure I actually regain consciousness, instead of swallowing my tongue while I’m out. My head has to be held away from certain angles to keep that from happening.

Edited by The Blackangel

I believe noise cancelling headphones are all I need along with a separate space in the house, where I'm by myself. The disruptions may be simply avoided much of the time, but sometimes if you question me on this topic, they can become more complicated. Any gamer should try their best to "zone out" and if you want the best concentration, you should consider gaming by yourself, as sad as it seems. 

Edited by Alexander.

For me, I don't think there is a solution except to not play video games. I've previously found them distracting, even addictive, and I treat them as an alcoholic treats alcohol, I don't indulge even a little, and I stay away from everything associated with them.

On 6/6/2020 at 9:41 PM, StaceyPowers said:

@Alexander. made a thread about gaming during day vs. night, and I game at night in large part to screen out bright light, environment noises, pain issues, and other distractions which are more prominent during the day. It made me curious what else other people here do to try and screen out distractions while gaming to make your experience more immersive?

Normally, when everywhere is calm and quiet in the night, I don't usually get distracted at most people are asleep. Also using my headsets does the trick for me too.