Register Now
Alexander.

Do you wear a watch?

Do you wear a watch? Whether yours just tells the time or it's a smart watch, let us know. Do you think that a basic wrist watch that can purely and only read the time has now I become obsolete? Why or why not? As long as I can remember now, I use my smart phone to check the clock. It's the most convenient way for me. 

8 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

I can not, the bands always gives my wrist a rash so I don't bother them. Besides, thanks to my phone I really don't need one.

Is it any band, or just the rubber ones that come with cheap watches like Casio's? Metal bands come in different metals, which I'm sure you could find one that would work. A lot are surgical steel. Many of the higher priced are metals like tungsten, which is hypoallergenic.

On 6/14/2020 at 8:41 AM, Demon_skeith said:

I can not, the bands always gives my wrist a rash so I don't bother them. Besides, thanks to my phone I really don't need one.

This makes me wonder where technology will be 20 years from now. Will society still be using smart phones to primarily check the time? It just shows you how much tech has evolved over the past few decades. 

Edited by Alexander.

I don't wear a watch but I do keep it in my pocket especially when I'm on my walk. We don't do cell phones. While I don't mind some technology, there's too much that can go wrong. I rather just worry about a simple battery. Or even, a wind-up watch! 

Used too, going to collage and going out I always wear a watch, even on hoildays and went out years ago I also did. Ever since my watch strap became brocken and it was ahrd to get a replacement, I stopped ;( had it for over 6 or more years and it was made in Australia, that model is no longer made.

The way it has been desinged you can't even add another strap.

12 hours ago, ZandraJoi said:

I don't wear a watch but I do keep it in my pocket especially when I'm on my walk. We don't do cell phones. While I don't mind some technology, there's too much that can go wrong. I rather just worry about a simple battery. Or even, a wind-up watch! 

If you go with Citizen watches you can get some that are ECO-Drive watches. They're solar powered, so you don't have to worry about batteries. Any watch and jewelry shop will tell you they're worthless, because they will lose money replacing batteries. But that's bullshit. I have 2 and have had them for several years. No issues at all other than deciding which one to wear. The other watch is a battery powered watch, but I haven't replaced the battery in it forever, because it goes through batteries quick as hell. Either that or I was getting batteries that were already more than half drained when I took it in to get a new battery put in.

On 3/30/2021 at 9:33 AM, The Blackangel said:

If you go with Citizen watches you can get some that are ECO-Drive watches. They're solar powered, so you don't have to worry about batteries. Any watch and jewelry shop will tell you they're worthless, because they will lose money replacing batteries. But that's bullshit. I have 2 and have had them for several years. No issues at all other than deciding which one to wear. The other watch is a battery powered watch, but I haven't replaced the battery in it forever, because it goes through batteries quick as hell. Either that or I was getting batteries that were already more than half drained when I took it in to get a new battery put in.

I had one of these solar-powered watches and it had cost me $230 US at the time. You can also recharge them under natural light like lamps as well. Citizen does make some pretty high-quality watches.

I was an amazon looking at a different style of watches and at the time of looking wanted something that's not a high price, seen that you can pick up a smartwatch for less than $50 🙂 And yet most of the good budget smartwatches that most reviews do are looking around $100 and over the price tag. So what's a really good deal. CHeap might sound arlight but at times they are just cheap and crap.

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I had one of these solar-powered watches and it had cost me $230 US at the time. You can also recharge them under natural light like lamps as well. Citizen does make some pretty high-quality watches.

One of my solar watches was about $200, and it was a bundle with a bracelet. The other was around $800. It has a lot of other dials on it and extra features. It's not a diving watch, but it's pretty damn close in its construction.

Any light source works to charge them. I just set mine by the glass door in the kitchen because all year round, sunlight pours in through it. I left it there for a few days, and voila. It was charged.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 4/1/2021 at 7:48 AM, The Blackangel said:

One of my solar watches was about $200, and it was a bundle with a bracelet. The other was around $800. It has a lot of other dials on it and extra features. It's not a diving watch, but it's pretty damn close in its construction.

Any light source works to charge them. I just set mine by the glass door in the kitchen because all year round, sunlight pours in through it. I left it there for a few days, and voila. It was charged.

I remember when I was just buying it and the guy said it'll charge under any light source so I won't ever need to replace the battery, I didn't believe him. However after a couple of days, I was sold - it's a pity that it got stolen. I do plan to get another one sometime later in the year.