Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
Alexander.

Do you wear a watch?

Do you wear a watch? Whether yours just tells the time or it's a smart watch, let us know. Do you think that a basic wrist watch that can purely and only read the time has now I become obsolete? Why or why not? As long as I can remember now, I use my smart phone to check the clock. It's the most convenient way for me. 

Yes I wear a watch. I'm a Citizen snob. I have 3 and I change back and forth between them fairly often. It's the only brand of watch I'll wear. They're gorgeous, reliable, and the best watches on the market.

8 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

I can not, the bands always gives my wrist a rash so I don't bother them. Besides, thanks to my phone I really don't need one.

Is it any band, or just the rubber ones that come with cheap watches like Casio's? Metal bands come in different metals, which I'm sure you could find one that would work. A lot are surgical steel. Many of the higher priced are metals like tungsten, which is hypoallergenic.

I haven't tried tungsten, but I've tried others and it simply isn't worth the hassle in trying to make it work. And again, these days, a phone acts just as good as a watch.

Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2020 at 8:41 AM, Demon_skeith said:

I can not, the bands always gives my wrist a rash so I don't bother them. Besides, thanks to my phone I really don't need one.

This makes me wonder where technology will be 20 years from now. Will society still be using smart phones to primarily check the time? It just shows you how much tech has evolved over the past few decades. 

Edited by Alexander.