Register Now
Alexander.

Screen Brightness

Tell the reader how you would like your screen brightness whilst gaming. The lower the brightness, the energy supply consumed obviously, is lower. My monitor light varies with the time of the day. I normally reduce the screen in the early hours and when I plan on staying up late, so my eyes can adapt to the changes of day light.

I'm beyond photosensitive to the point that I have to wear sunglasses inside and keep the lights off. When I go out, I have to double up on the sunglasses. SO everything is set to the lowest possible brightness that I can still see. and if there are any websites I go to that offer a "dark mode" they are definitely set to that.

I have this one application f.lux which auto adjust the brightness based on the screen requirement or the timing in the timezone. I think something like that can be good for gaming but its hard to gauge on the screen specific brightness especialy during gaming. 

I play on PC, could care less about energy consumed lol. Jokes aside, I don't even check the brightness whilst gaming, maybe because I'm not a hardcore gamer, but I'm pretty sure my monitor's brightness is at its max at all times and then Night Shift turns itself on after 9pm.

On 6/8/2020 at 9:09 AM, SaucyPastaTho said:

I usually leave it the way it is unless the lighting becomes a true issue.

That's a vague response. When would you say lighting becomes a "true issue"? Are there any previous scenarios when screen brightness became a real problem while gaming? What percentage do you leave it on? Go to  Start menu - Settings -  System - Display to find out. 

5 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I really never think about brightness, it kind of is what it is.

It makes a lot of difference when you have specific reading requirement that is when the brightness issues affect you the most. 

I am extremely sensitive to light, especially on a screen so most of the time mine is on the lowest possible setting. However, that is not always possible as there are some cases where I need to be higher, for instance when the sun is shining strongly in my direction. I simply cannot function when this is happening though, but I need to be able to play my games somehow, without getting a headache.