Register Now
The Blackangel

Is There A Platform You're Just Not Interested In?

We all play on multiple platforms. Some prefer PC, some prefer one console or another, some prefer mobile. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But is there a platform you're just not particularly interested in? Nothing against it. It just doesn't catch your eye? For me it would be mobile and PC. I have several games on my phone, and play them some, but can't say I play them a lot. The only two I have that have my attention at the moment are Word Cookies and Prison Escape. The others haven't gotten much, if any, attention in forever. As for PC, the only games I enjoyed on PC are unplayable anymore. They're too old for a computer to run. I've tried the DOS Box thing, but I didn't have the slightest clue how to use it. I've tried the Run Programs For Previous Versions Of Windows in the control panel, again with no luck. So I have no interest in PC with an exception or two. I have a Steam account and some games through there, but still PC gaming as a whole just doesn't interest me.

What doesn't grab your interest?

Mobile for me, I loathe microtransactions and most games on there just seem to be loaded with them.  I know that there are some good games on there that don't do that sort but even they are buried so deep in the septic tank that they are almost impossible to find.

The original Nintendo Wii. I even bought it once but traded it for a PSP the next day (this was quite a few years ago). It was pretty popular but it never interested me, probably because I am very unathletic lol. I think gaming is a laid back thing and although the concept was unique and popular, not my style.

I wasn't a fan of the Wii either. I enjoyed Mario Kart on it, but that was about the only game I enjoyed. I just hated the way the control system was set up. If the motion control and nunchuk were optional with a standard controller, then things might have been different. But the only time I saw that happening was if you played a Game Cube game on it. Which is another system I was less than impressed with.

Also I've never been a fan of Xbox. But I'm stuck owning one because a game I'm waiting for is an Xbox exclusive.

6 hours ago, ARx182 said:

The original Nintendo Wii. I even bought it once but traded it for a PSP the next day (this was quite a few years ago). It was pretty popular but it never interested me, probably because I am very unathletic lol. I think gaming is a laid back thing and although the concept was unique and popular, not my style.

7 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I wasn't a fan of the Wii either. I enjoyed Mario Kart on it, but that was about the only game I enjoyed. I just hated the way the control system was set up. If the motion control and nunchuk were optional with a standard controller, then things might have been different. But the only time I saw that happening was if you played a Game Cube game on it. Which is another system I was less than impressed with.

The problem with the Wii is that it's not 4rth best-selling home console of all time, it's the worlds best-selling dust collector. Parents bought it for family to enjoy at parties, then it spends the rest of life in a cupboard somewhere. It's a level of casual only appeal that makes mobile gaming look like Dungeons and Dragons. Everyone bought the console, but nobody played it, and if need to I can even prove it. You see, I've doing some maths, and based on sales totals of every game that sold 1 millions units or more for the Wii, the average Wii owner owned less than four games for the system, and that includes Wii Sports, a game that bundled with every console outside of Japan. People call it a success, but just wasn't.

I've never been interested in the Xbox even thpugh its a cool name. Growing up all my friends (and still do) have always been big on Playstation and I wanted to play online with them. I don't play much mobile games either.

As much as I love playing Mobile Games, this is the platform which interests me the least. Every free application which I download seems to be packed full of Microtransactions. I understand developers have to recoup the funds - but, why advertise the title as free when it's not? 

At the moment, I have absolutely no interest in the Xbox Series X. The design (if you haven't seen me say it already) is lacklustre and lacking imagination and I can play all the Xbox Series X exclusives on my PC, so for all PC users really, you aren't getting anything you don't already have...

43 minutes ago, ARx182 said:

At the moment, I have absolutely no interest in the Xbox Series X. The design (if you haven't seen me say it already) is lacklustre and lacking imagination and I can play all the Xbox Series X exclusives on my PC, so for all PC users really, you aren't getting anything you don't already have...

Yeah that design is not great, that's for sure. They claim it was so heat can be dispersed easier, but I'm sure they could have figured out a better solution. Then again, the PS5 isn't too far behind it imo. That thing is going to take up a ton of space. These new consoles are going to be tough to place around your tvs.  

And yeah, the exclusives also going on PC is kind of annoying, but the Series X doesn't necessarily need them to survive. They will have backwards compatibility plus game pass, which is what they're main focus seems to be on these days anyway. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah that design is not great, that's for sure. They claim it was so heat can be dispersed easier, but I'm sure they could have figured out a better solution. Then again, the PS5 isn't too far behind it imo. That thing is going to take up a ton of space. These new consoles are going to be tough to place around your tvs.  

And yeah, the exclusives also going on PC is kind of annoying, but the Series X doesn't necessarily need them to survive. They will have backwards compatibility plus game pass, which is what they're main focus seems to be on these days anyway. 

Game Pass isn't great in my opinion, it's certainly not unique - Playstation have their own similar pass thing. The size of the PS5 and XSX, given how powerful these consoles are makes sense.