Register Now
The Blackangel

Is There A Platform You're Just Not Interested In?

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

You can always move the stand to the side to lay the PS5 down on its side. That's a possibility that could conserve some space.

Even so, that thing is going to take up a lot of space, even laying horizontal. According to The Verge here, the PS5 is going to be the biggest console in modern history. It is going to be 15 inches tall, so around the size of a smaller PC or so. I'm sure gamers will figure out how to place it in their entertainment center, but it's going to be a tough fit. Now imagine owning both consoles, it's going to get crammed. 

You will have to get a decent sized end table or two to hold both of them. I can understand adding size to consoles due to hardware issues, but this is starting to get ridiculous. I'm seeing more grandstanding than anything else here. Up through the current gen systems, everything was a reasonable size. With the exception of a few obscure systems (i.e. Atari 5200) here and there. But the PS5 and Xbox X are starting to pull a "mine's bigger than yours" act. How insecure do you have to be to make a system the size of New York? At least shrink it down to St. Louis.

Just PC gaming person here. However used to own the old classic PS2 back in the day and still I loved that device. It's small and even that hardware is by far outdated it was fun times. But I tend to keep everything under one platform and since I do mostly flight sims, It's more of a pc thing then anything else. 

I can get that. In all honesty the only real thing that keeps my interest in PlayStation as a whole is God Of War. Other than that one game, I honestly don't really have much interest in it anymore. My all time favorite game is now available on Switch (FF8) so I don't really use any of my PlayStation's anymore. I bought the dual FF7/FF8 cart a year or so ago, and haven't touched any of my disc copies of FF8 since. Having it portable, is also a major plus. If Sony was willing to license GoW to another platform, such as Switch, then I would possibly never play another PlayStation again.

What can I say, I'm a Nintendo girl.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 11/20/2020 at 11:51 AM, The Blackangel said:

I can get that. In all honesty the only real thing that keeps my interest in PlayStation as a whole is God Of War. Other than that one game, I honestly don't really have much interest in it anymore. My all time favorite game is now available on Switch (FF8) so I don't really use any of my PlayStation's anymore. I bought the dual FF7/FF8 cart a year or so ago, and haven't touched any of my disc copies of FF8 since. Having it portable, is also a major plus. If Sony was willing to license GoW to another platform, such as Switch, then I would possibly never play another PlayStation again.

What can I say, I'm a Nintendo girl.

I'm an everything except Xbox guy. The Xbox is just a less powerful PC - every game is available either on PC directly or you can play it via the Xpass gaming cloud so I don't need it at all.

I have an Xbox One for one single game. Tell Me Why. It's unfortunately an Xbox exclusive and a DDL, so I had no choice but to get an Xbox One. I relate to the game more than I know how to express. If it wasn't for that game, I would have never acquired the console for any reason. But luckily I got it on sale last year for $99, so I got a good deal on it.

On 12/24/2020 at 9:24 AM, The Blackangel said:

I have an Xbox One for one single game. Tell Me Why. It's unfortunately an Xbox exclusive and a DDL, so I had no choice but to get an Xbox One. I relate to the game more than I know how to express. If it wasn't for that game, I would have never acquired the console for any reason. But luckily I got it on sale last year for $99, so I got a good deal on it.

Well, the Xbox Game Pass is around now so you can play those games on your PC but then again it's a subscription. Personally, I had taken back my Xbox One from my cousin for a bit to play RDR2 when it first came out but other than that, I hardly ever played any Xbox games especially in recent years. I enjoyed exclusives such as Fable, Halo, Mech Assault and others on the original Xbox but Microsoft has failed to maintain most of their exclusives and they ended up going to waste. Yes, I know they're making a new Fable game but that isn't enough to convince me to get an Xbox Series X. 

God, I hated the Wii. Yeah it looked amazing on TV when it was being advertised. But when you actually went to play it, it was just a horrible idea. I couldn't stand how the control setup was. To my knowledge they never released a simple controller that would replace that fucking dildo and nunchuk. If they did and I missed it than I would give the Wii some credit. If they didn't, then they seriously missed the hell out. The only good things about the system were how you played Mario Kart, and that it was backwards compatible with Game Cube games.