Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games you finished fastest

While playing Spec Ops: The Line, I’ve been consciously just playing through a couple or several checkpoints per session so that the game isn’t over right away since it is so short. It got me wondering what games people here just blazed through and finished in a matter of days or hours?

I got through Zelda (NES) in about 2 hours, initially. I can probably do it quicker now. I did Zelda 2 (NES) in somewhere between 5-6 hours. I don't remember. It's been a while since I played it. Links Awakening is another that is short as hell, and beatable in about the same amount of time as the first Zelda. That's all I'm going to list for games with a save feature or I would be going all day.

Restart games (as I call them) would include

NES---
Contra
Kings Knight
Punch Out

SNES---
Earthworm Jim 2
Legend Of The Mystical Ninja
Star Fox

N64---
Hexen

Also tons on GameBoy. Too many to list. Castlevania SOTN is beatable in just 2-2½ hours if you're not going for fancy items. Obviously if you are, then that adds time to how long it takes you to beat it.

On 6/13/2020 at 11:14 AM, ARx182 said:

I finished the GTA V story in less than a week, if you consider it fast. Currently in the process of completing the story mode again, but this time on PC.

That's quick. Roughly, how many hours do you think you've spent completing it? Is the story mode different to the console version on PC? If not, are you not starting to become bored of GTA V walkthrough? 

10 hours ago, Alexander. said:

That's quick. Roughly, how many hours do you think you've spent completing it? Is the story mode different to the console version on PC? If not, are you not starting to become bored of GTA V walkthrough? 

I don't keep count of how many hours I spend gaming, time flies when I'm enjoying myself. It's the same game on console and PC ...why would the story mode be different on either? This is only the second time that I have completed the game, the first time was when the game was first released, so I'm not bored lol.

Beavis & Butthead came out at the same time on SNES and Sega Genesis, but were totally different games. The basic plot point was the same, but they went about it in completely different ways. And from what I understand there were some titles from the PS3/Xbox 360 era that were on both systems, but were wildly different in terms of gameplay.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 6/22/2020 at 5:29 AM, ARx182 said:

I don't keep count of how many hours I spend gaming, time flies when I'm enjoying myself

whenever I’m playing a game which keeps track of my hours of play and I glance at it, I am often shocked by just how much time I have spent playing.

There ae a few games I play that show how much time you have spent on said game file. The clock on FF8 counts for a total of 600 hours before it stops counting. It goes for 100 hours before it changes color. The color orders are as follows

White
Red
Blue
Green
Yellow
Purple

The purple clock is the last one. at 99:59 the clocks stop counting further.

In Goblin Sword, it gives a level in each area for a speed run. It doesn't do anything spectacular like earn you a hidden item or anything. It's just something for fun.

Castlevania SOTN also shows a clock, but it only goes to 100 hours I think.

Just to like add, I think that there shouldn't be a competition on how fast one can complete a title. You should take as long as you need and that way you'll have more time to enjoy the video game. We spend a lot our hard, earned money on games so we should be taking our time to get as much value as we can. 

Edited by Alexander.

8 hours ago, Alexander. said:

Just to like add, I think that there shouldn't be a competition on how fast one can complete a title. You should take as long as you need and that way you'll have more time to enjoy the video game. We spend a lot our hard, earned money on games so we should be taking our time to get as much value as we can. 

I agree with you for the most part, but want to point one thing out. Speed runs are how some people enjoy their games. It’s their preferred style of gaming. It’s not my preference, but a lot of people enjoy it. It’s the same as setting an odd goal. For example people have begun playing Zelda on NES without ever getting a sword, and some have actually beaten it that way.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 6/25/2020 at 7:50 AM, Alexander. said:

The thing is that one takes more time if you are into the game. Like say a lot of people are into the skyrim, pokemon and FF so they tend to play in order to finish quicker. 

About singleplayer games, i remember getting good at a specific game was just a matter of how many attempts i do, so it wasn't a hard thing at all.

About online games, at the age of 15 i managed to be a good player, kind of late but i started playing online only back in 2015 because i wasn't interested before that.