Register Now
ARx182

Future consoles?

Do you think there will ever be a console that can compete with Xbox, PlayStation and Nintendo? Is it even possible to create such a console? If you had the chance to develop this theoretical console, what unique features would you add?

Something to compete against the Big 3? Not a chance. Nintendo has been around since the 1800's, and got into the video game market in the late 70's. They're the oldest of the Big 3, and also the strongest. I don't think anything could survive trying to go against them.

For those wondering, I'm not just pulling that out of my ass. Nintendo was a playing card manufacturer in the 19th century.

On 6/10/2020 at 4:39 PM, The Blackangel said:

Something to compete against the Big 3? Not a chance. Nintendo has been around since the 1800's, and got into the video game market in the late 70's. They're the oldest of the Big 3, and also the strongest. I don't think anything could survive trying to go against them.

For those wondering, I'm not just pulling that out of my ass. Nintendo was a playing card manufacturer in the 19th century.

Haha I was about to say.

You think Nintendo are the strongest? I personally think that they are the smallest and the weakest out of the big 3. Nintendo is just a nostalgia merchant. Sony and Microsoft have lead the breakthrough in the new generation consoles.

Granted their heyday has passed, but I still think they are the top dog, with PS in second and Xbox at number 3. The sales that I personally witness, have told me that. I'm not saying those are the actual figures on the actual worldwide scale. I'm just saying that from what I see people buy. A lot ask me about systems when I'm in the gaming department at Walmart. Or when I go to GameStop and the people working there are busy enough that they can't get to the customer. I tell them what I know, and my opinions, and they go from there.

Everyone has their preferences, and that's the best thing about gaming. It keeps the world diverse and gets unique things and experiences out there. Personally I have been a Nintendo chick since the NES. With a couple exceptions. I hated the Wii. I wasn't the biggest fan of Game Cube, but I played it some. Mainly Zelda Four Swords and Soul Calibur 2.

There will definitely be others who try. Mark Zuckerberg may try to come out with a console. Call it the Fast Back. Elon Musk may come out with a console. Call it the M%g7+Q2(H1ÆO±. Or maybe one of us here may come out with a console. I'd call it the Son Of A Bitch. I'd call it that, because I would only want games on it that were so difficult that every gamer would regularly get pissed and yell out SON OF A BITCH! when playing it.

But to get back to the point, many will come. Most will fail, some may succeed. For a time at least. But as for true competition to the Big 3, I highly doubt that will happen. At least not in my lifetime, or that of a lot of the members here.

On 7/6/2020 at 7:37 AM, The Blackangel said:

There will definitely be others who try. Mark Zuckerberg may try to come out with a console. Call it the Fast Back. Elon Musk may come out with a console. Call it the M%g7+Q2(H1ÆO±. Or maybe one of us here may come out with a console. I'd call it the Son Of A Bitch. I'd call it that, because I would only want games on it that were so difficult that every gamer would regularly get pissed and yell out SON OF A BITCH! when playing it.

But to get back to the point, many will come. Most will fail, some may succeed. For a time at least. But as for true competition to the Big 3, I highly doubt that will happen. At least not in my lifetime, or that of a lot of the members here.

I know MS has thrown money around, and its barely kept them in. I mean anyone can get in, if they have good enough software.

A brand to compete against the largest three competitors in the Industry??? It's unlikely! To the best of my knowledge, no one has done this before, so I would implement the ability to play cross-platform with any console, regardless of the video game. My idea would be unique and would attract a lot of customers. 

Edited by Alexander.

If we consider the amount of budget it takes to beat the established companies. I think there must be a way to beat these existing players but as of now the budget would be too high for consoles to even get sold in near future. But keeping all that stuff aside, I think cross platform features if added to the existing consoles, it would just get tough in context of competition. 

In my opinion, the future of gaming relies on ultra-realistic virtual reality. Haven't you ever fantasized about being inside of your favorite game as a character? The VR we're familiar with today isn't advanced enough, but a console in the future will offer an extremely realistic approach to the way we entertain ourselves with games. 

If I were smart enough to develop such a console, I would also create a roleplay game that would never have an ending and would be a universe that the player would have complete control over. Imagine designing your own world through a headset!

Edited by Wolves

On 8/23/2020 at 9:06 AM, Wolves said:

In my opinion, the future of gaming relies on ultra-realistic virtual reality. Haven't you ever fantasized about being inside of your favorite game as a character? The VR we're familiar with today isn't advanced enough, but a console in the future will offer an extremely realistic approach to the way we entertain ourselves with games. 

If I were smart enough to develop such a console, I would also create a roleplay game that would never have an ending and would be a universe that the player would have complete control over. Imagine designing your own world through a headset!

Definitely virtual reality and the glasses is what we are going to see in near future. I only wonder how much impact it would have on our mind.