Register Now
ARx182

Best ending?

I found the ending of the original BioShock (I got the happy ending) very satisfying, and I also love the ending of the BioShock Infinite main game (with mixed feelings but a lot of respect for the DLC ending). I love the ending of TLOU as well, particularly when it is considered in conjunction with the Left Behind DLC.

The ending of Metal Gear Solid 3 is one that always stood out for me.  Unlike the convoluted mess that was the ending of Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3's ending has an actually clever twist that winds up the story and character arcs in a way that makes sense and doesn't feel rushed.  Not to mention it brings me to tears every time.

The Last of Us is another great one, it winds up the experience of it's characters and how much they have grown and changed together so well.

12 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

The ending of Metal Gear Solid 3 is one that always stood out for me.  Unlike the convoluted mess that was the ending of Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3's ending has an actually clever twist that winds up the story and character arcs in a way that makes sense and doesn't feel rushed.  Not to mention it brings me to tears every time.

FF8 does the same to me. I cry every time I watch the end. I think a big part of it is the desperation that Squall feels when he's not finding anyone, especially Rinoa. Also the part about Laguna and Raine. That one hurt.

On 6/13/2020 at 7:38 PM, TheSteelyardDweller said:

how is it no one has mentioned Fallout 3! Fallout 3 had an epic ending.

Fallout 3 is an excellent title to play. Why do you feel Fallout 3 has an "epic ending"? What do you most like about the closing scenes of the video game? How long did the story take you to complete from start to finish? 

Edited by Alexander.

On 6/13/2020 at 7:38 PM, TheSteelyardDweller said:

how is it no one has mentioned Fallout 3! Fallout 3 had an epic ending.

Fallout 3's ending actually kind of passed me off.  Unless you bought the Broken Steel DLC it was abrupt, nonsenical and you couldn't even continue playing.

8 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Fallout 3's ending actually kind of passed me off.  Unless you bought the Broken Steel DLC it was abrupt, nonsenical and you couldn't even continue playing.

Agreed. Fallout 3's ending wasn't even an ending, it was a prompt to insert more coins into the machine to continue. Broken Steel was clearly meant to be the rest of the story, but was sliced off and sold backed to the players as DLC. It's one of the most bullshit, money grabbing, scummy moves a games company has ever pulled.