Register Now
ARx182

Best ending?

On 6/10/2020 at 2:51 PM, ARx182 said:

What story-based game had the best ending, in your opinion?

I have not completed many story based games but GTA V had a pretty sweet ending. What do you guys think?

There's three options that you can choose to end the game in GTA V, which did you choose? Skyrim was a pretty good ending. Skyrim's High King lies defeated by Ulfric Stormcloak. The suspense and cliffhanger building up to these events was superb. 

On 6/29/2020 at 5:28 AM, Alexander. said:

There's three options that you can choose to end the game in GTA V, which did you choose? Skyrim was a pretty good ending. Skyrim's High King lies defeated by Ulfric Stormcloak. The suspense and cliffhanger building up to these events was superb. 

I chose Deathwish. I don't betray a brother haha. 

I don't know why anyone would choose to kill Michael or Trevor, you just lose a character. If you're intrigued to find out what happens, just watch a YouTube video. It's not rocket science. I guess if you don't plan on playing the open-world story, then it makes sense.

What annoyed me most about Fallout 3's ending is that I did the logical thing and sent Charon in to do the job because he is a GHOUL he is IMMUNE to radiation and in fact HEALED by it, and he acted like I was a monster and then the end slides were like "The lone wanderer was totally awesome and heroic until the last minute when he was EVIL and sent his friend into the reactor." So passive aggressive, judgy, and also just ... wrong about my actions.

Yeah,  that's another thing that's total bullshit about it!  To supply the wasteland with clean water I'm sure an heroic lone wanderer would sacrifice themself... doesn't mean it should be plan A!  Also if you were playing an evil character and you didn't have the Broken Steel DLC then The Wanderer sacrifices themself to... poison the wasteland?  Kind of an odd thing for a selfish, slave trading bigiot to do.  Either way It just completely ignores any sense of logic.

Edited by Crazycrab

6 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Yeah,  that's another thing that's total bullshit about it!  To supply the wasteland with clean water I'm sure an heroic lone wanderer would sacrifice themself... doesn't mean it should be plan A!  Also if you were playing an evil character and you didn't have the Broken Steel DLC then The Wanderer sacrifices themself to... poison the wasteland?  Kind of an odd thing for a selfish, slave trading bigiot to do.  Either way It just completely ignores any sense of logic.

I could imagine a true believer monster killing themselves to annihilate what they perceived of as a blight (insane to us sane folks, but surely heroic in the mind of some biogted arse). And yeah, it's even weirder when you think about it that if you played a good guy, you probably have Charon or Fawkes with you, and both are immune, so why the heck wouldn't you have them do it? It's like sending them to the spa. If Charon walked in there with a headache, he probably walked out feeling great, lol.

Hmm, that's a good question. I think The Walking Dead season 1 is one game that comes to mind. Especially the ending. The next couple seasons after it, never really captured that brilliance. I would also add Metal Gear Solid 3 to that list, as well as Mafia II. San Andreas is up there as well, but Red Dead Redemption probably takes the win for me.