Register Now
ARx182

Your first gaming console?

What was the first gaming console you had? Do you still have it? If so, when was the last time you used it? If not, do you remember what happened to it? Do you wish you still had it? How long ago did you have the console?

My first gaming console was the PS2. I don't have it anymore, I haven't had it for over a decade but I do wish I still had it today.

My first was the Colecovision. I had it for a long time, but since I was a young child, it wasn't good enough when the NES debuted. I don't know what happened to it, but I wish I still had it. Last year I bought a copy of the game I played the most on it, just for the memories. I've been scouring eBay for one that I can afford that works, but not having much luck. Everyone wants too much, it doesn't work and is for parts, or it's that damn flashback bullshit.

Edited by The Blackangel

It was an Atari. Fairly certain it was the 2600 Junior, but it could have been the 7800. I remember the housers in our area were going through renovations, so we were temporally re-located into a kind of caravan or portable home until the work was complete. I remember played a multi game cartridge with 30 games on it including Combat, Golf a number of sports games and a load of others. Even by the standard of the late 80's/early 90's this was pretty old school, but me and my brothers loved it nonetheless. I have no idea where that machine is now, it's probably long gone, but the memories remain. The next console I remember playing was the SNES, so I kind of skipped the 8-bit era.

Damn, how old are you? I can understand not knowing Colecovision, but you have never heard of Atari?! That just blows my mind. But then some people actually think Wii is retro, which not only blows my mind but makes me sick at the same time.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 6/14/2020 at 5:02 PM, The Blackangel said:

Damn, how old are you? I can understand not knowing Colecovision, but you have never heard of Atari?! That just blows my mind. But then some people actually think Wii is retro, which not only blows my mind but makes me sick at the same time.

Quite a lot younger than you by the sound of it haha. I'm 18. PS2 is my earliest memory of (actually playing on) a console. Even a Game Boy is quite old for me, but I've heard of it a lot. An Atari must be ancient.

My first gaming console was handheld and this was the Nintendo 2DS. I loved playing Mario Kart.  I remember having to insert an SD card to play a title. It's scary how fast technology is moving. 

Edited by Alexander.

7 hours ago, Alexander. said:

My first gaming console was handheld and this was the Nintendo 2DS. I loved playing Mario Kart.  I remember having to insert an SD card to play a title. It's scary how fast technology is moving. 

Finally a console that I have actually heard of. The Nintendo 2DS was very popular back in the day, and it's crazy how far Nintendo have came since the 2DS until the Switch. What's scary is that technology advancement is not stopping any time soon. So much more to come.

I just shut my N64 off less than a minute ago. I've been playing Zelda all morning. I decided I want to play one of the games that I have on my Switch. I got a bunch of new ones here recently. Yesterday I bought Call of Juarez: Gunslinger so I'm looking forward to playing it. I got it because it looked similar to RDR2, since I'm becoming a little obsessed with that game, and it's not available on Switch. If it ever is released for Switch, there will be no stopping me in buying it. I bought RDR2 for Xbox One yesterday as well.

Obsession is not a pretty thing.

😁

On 7/2/2020 at 12:21 PM, The Blackangel said:

I just shut my N64 off less than a minute ago. I've been playing Zelda all morning. I decided I want to play one of the games that I have on my Switch. I got a bunch of new ones here recently. Yesterday I bought Call of Juarez: Gunslinger so I'm looking forward to playing it. I got it because it looked similar to RDR2, since I'm becoming a little obsessed with that game, and it's not available on Switch. If it ever is released for Switch, there will be no stopping me in buying it. I bought RDR2 for Xbox One yesterday as well.

Obsession is not a pretty thing.

😁

N64 is an amazing device. My favorite thing on it is Donkey Kong. ❤️ That is life!

My first console was the 1st release Xbox but I was regularly playing on a Gameboy then Gameboy Color before that. For the Gameboy, I'd play games like Kirby, Pokemon and Metroid. For the Xbox I played Spiderman and 007.

The good ol' days!