Register Now
The Blackangel

Hulu

I have several streaming apps on my phone. Netflix, Hulu, Shudder, ESPN (hockey nut), DirecTV (don't use though) and My Movies. Since so many movies come with a digital code, there was no reason not to get it. I also have YouTube and RDR2 apps, but that's another topic for another time.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 8/17/2022 at 12:30 AM, Kane99 said:

Do you know why they aren't supported on the Switch? Is it a Netflix thing where they don't want to be bothered making an app that works? Or is it Nintendo not wanting to make it work? 

Probably some contract dispute or something. Netflix should easily be able to work as an app. Most older devices and older roku players still work with Netflix, so it must be some contract issue between both sides. Especially if Hulu works fine. 

From one article that I read, it's all down to how Nintendo wanted to run Switch for the time being and that's why they didn't allow me for the platform to have Netflix yet. 

There's a possibility that they would allow it in the future but it's not just yet. You can read more about it Here

Hulu is a a good  streaming platform just like HBO which isn't too popular over here not sure about other regions.

Netflix is a big name and collaborating with it would make it all too predictable and been that every other person already knows about it.

Nintendo collaborating with Hulu makes it more exclusive and the streaming platform still has a good array of interesting movies and series imo.

24 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Hulu is a a good  streaming platform just like HBO which isn't too popular over here not sure about other regions.

Netflix is a big name and collaborating with it would make it all too predictable and been that every other person already knows about it.

Nintendo collaborating with Hulu makes it more exclusive and the streaming platform still has a good array of interesting movies and series imo.

I have watched a few HBO movies but I have never streamed anything on it because I don't have their subscription. I think that Game of Thrones and the upcoming House of The Dragon are HBO streams, I'm not really sure. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have watched a few HBO movies but I have never streamed anything on it because I don't have their subscription. I think that Game of Thrones and the upcoming House of The Dragon are HBO streams, I'm not really sure. 

Yeah mate, game of thrones is an HBO series.

And for a series as big as game of thrones it is only natural that Nintendo switch would want to collaborate with them other than Netflix which is certainly already too popular.

I don't really know the exact reason why Nintendo chose them over Netflix or other streaming platforms but their choices is good and I am in no way against it.

8 hours ago, Clasher said:

Yeah mate, game of thrones is an HBO series.

And for a series as big as game of thrones it is only natural that Nintendo switch would want to collaborate with them other than Netflix which is certainly already too popular.

I don't really know the exact reason why Nintendo chose them over Netflix or other streaming platforms but their choices is good and I am in no way against it.

Any streaming platform that's going to take part in streaming House of The Dragon that's going to have its first episode released tomorrow would have a server choking experience because the whole world would be on wait for that series. 

FB_IMG_1660926705580.thumb.jpg.49d0aeef4cca068876036ed3d1699c3f.jpg

Above is how the series episodes would be released till the 10th episode.