Register Now
DC

Do you think PS5 is going to have something similar to Xbox Smart Delivery?

Cyberpunk 2077, Assassins Creed Valhalla, Gears 5, Halo Infinite ... Will have smart delivery on Xbox Series X, which means that if you buy it on Xbox One, you will get a free upgrade to the Series X version. Sony did not mention anything about it in the press or during their unveiling event that makes me think they might have no plans for it.

You 'd think Sony would advertise The Last of Us 2 with a free upgrade to the PS5 version, but I haven't heard anything like that from them.

This is the first I've heard about Xbox Smart Delivery. The problem I see is that it can easily be taken advantage of. I would assume that you would have to send in the Xbox One disc, and I'm sure they would want the receipt as well. But in all honesty, who the hell hangs on to a 4 year old receipt? Or is this entirely swapping out DDL's? There's just too many holes in this to be a plausible deal. I would be wary as hell of it. Hell, I already am, and have no intentions whatsoever of having a Series X in my house ever.

First I’ve heard of it too but this would be a great feature, and hopefully PlayStation will follow in Xbox’s footsteps. It will be great for gamers, but a headache for the sellers, as mentioned above.