Register Now
DC

Which Playstation 5 are you going to buy?

Which Playstation 5 will you be buying?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Playstation 5 will you be buying?

• Standard
    • Digital Edition

Whilst I fear @Crazycrabmay be right and Sony will use pricing to really dangle the digital version in everyone's face, I will still buy the version with a disc tray. Until digital goods are blessed with the same consumer rights as physical media, I will not abandon discs.

I will go with the standard edition. Same reason as The Blackangel, but I can also get discounted prices for physical games that I cannot get online for a digital version. You can play digital and physical games on the standard edition, that way you’re not limited...

Expanding on the point I made earlier.  According to a recent leak from Amazon France the PS5 will release on November 20.  It will retail at €499 with the digital edition without the disk drive at €399.  Take these with a grain of salt but I think these are all within the ball park we where all thinking of.  I do not, believe anything until it comes out of the horse's mouth.

On 6/25/2020 at 6:19 AM, skyfire said:

I am kind of conflicted. Knowing the future where the storage devices will get sales hit down I think digitla edition makes sense to be honest. But cant give complete control to them. 

Do you have good enough internet though to download 100gbs worth of games?

My husband wants the digital edition because he only ever downloads his games and buys downloadable games and nowadays when you buy discs you have to download the data to the console anyway so not only is the game taking up space on your console but you have to have the disc to play it and if something happens to the disc you are screwed.

I'm not sure though but I don't even know that I want it either way so hahaha I guess I'm not the best for this.

Current gen consoles have shown me a bit about the physical/digital decision. On all 3 systems, if it’s available physical, the entire game is available digital. So you’re not exactly screwed just because the disc is, unless that would erase all your data.

On 6/15/2020 at 1:40 AM, Demon_skeith said:

Disc version, for now and always. I often play tv series on discs with my playstation, so I will always need that. Plus I don't want to strain my internet with all the downloads.

You know you could get a bluray/dvd player right? 😃 they are pretty affordable.

I think I'm going to wait 6 months or so, maybe even longer if I give in to buy the PS5. I have my PS4 and it's still working good.