Register Now
DC

Which Playstation 5 are you going to buy?

Which Playstation 5 will you be buying?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Playstation 5 will you be buying?

• Standard
    • Digital Edition

I had planned on buying the standard version (because I'm not a fan of digital as the digital games cost so much more here and other issues with digital)

but right now I'm not 100% sure I will get a PS5, nothing I've seen from the trailers has really made me think "omg I must play that!" and with the ZX Spectrum Next kickstarter in progress, I'm currently trying to decide if I should get a PS5 standard or leave it for a couple of years and invest in a Spectrum Next instead. 

I'm going to stick with the standard edition and even then I'll probably wait about 3 - 4 months for the price to start lowering. Since I don't download games or much content to my device I don't think the digital version will do me any greater benefit. 

I ended up getting the disc version of the PlayStation 5. It was a pretty easy decision for me even with the price difference. Even though you pay more for the console, you will end up saving a lot more by buying physical discs since the digital games always cost more.

51 minutes ago, Darth said:

I ended up getting the disc version of the PlayStation 5. It was a pretty easy decision for me even with the price difference. Even though you pay more for the console, you will end up saving a lot more by buying physical discs since the digital games always cost more.

Wow - that's great hearing that you already purchased your own disc version of PS5 which isn't a bad one either. How much did you get it for now? 

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

Wow - that's great hearing that you already purchased your own disc version of PS5 which isn't a bad one either. How much did you get it for now? 

The retail price since I bought it right away from Amazon - £449. I think the difference between the disc and disc-less version is £100 but when you consider the savings from buying physical games, it's a pretty minor difference in the long term.

On 10/2/2021 at 7:11 PM, Darth said:

The retail price since I bought it right away from Amazon - £449. I think the difference between the disc and disc-less version is £100 but when you consider the savings from buying physical games, it's a pretty minor difference in the long term.

Yeah - the difference in the price isn't really that much but the amount one would be saving from buying the physical copies. 

8 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Im currently hunting for a ps5, it looks like scalpers got a hold of the few that were available today due to the holiday sales

Never give into scalpers mate because they are the main reason for what a lot of us are facing now with trying to get PS5.