Register Now
DC

What is one overlooked gem more people should play?!

What is a really good game, but only noticed by a few? If you'd like to point out one hidden gem of a game, what would it be? Which other hidden gems are you suggesting?

One game series that comes to mind for me would be the Ratchet & Clank series back on PS2. It was a game with well written characters, tons of off-the-wall humor and a very good story in addition to being a lot of fun to play. Honestly, I hardly hear people mention it.

There is one that I talk about a lot on here. Legacy Of The Wizard. Most people, including classic gamers, don't even know it exists. It's one of the greatest games I've ever played, and extremely challenging. But that was one of the best thing about NES games. They were often beyond challenging. The one that comes to mind for most people on that is Battletoads.

A good SNES game would be Illusion Of Gaia. Beautiful SNES graphics, and awesome story line.

N64 has so many. Most people were getting more interested in PlayStation in that era. But for those of us that stuck with Nintendo the rewards were great. At least to us. One that I don't think a lot of people know is Hexen. I never hear anyone talk about it, and it's an absolutely awesome game.

A PS3 game that I don't see a lot of discussion about is Dantes Inferno. It's amazing. I haven't beaten it yet, but that doesn't matter to me. it's an awesome game, and it seems that no one knows about it.

I think Shadow The Hedgehog on the PS2 was overlooked, atleast in my opinion. I might be wrong but I don't think it got the recognition it deserved or as much recognition as the Sonic games. I played Shadow The Hedge a lot in my childhood, alone and with friends/family and back then it was the perfect game. It brings back great memories and I'm looking for a way to play the game again.

Edited by ARx182

I think one that comes to mind is Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice on the Xbox One. It's a really good action/psychological horror game, with the theme being mental illness. 

12 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I really enjoyed A Plague Tale on ps4. 

Ps2 horror games Obscure and The Suffering

I've been looking for gems on the ps4

I liked A Plague Tale as well. It was actually a pretty decent game. 

On 9/14/2020 at 10:05 AM, Kane99 said:

I think one that comes to mind is Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice on the Xbox One. It's a really good action/psychological horror game, with the theme being mental illness.

I got it on my Switch, and I relate to Senua so much. She and I share the same struggles in so many ways. It's not just a gem, it's a gold encrusted gem.

On 9/14/2020 at 3:48 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I really enjoyed A Plague Tale on ps4. 

Ps2 horror games Obscure and The Suffering

I've been looking for gems on the ps4

You should definitely check out Gravity Rush Remastered and Gravity Rush 2. A game unique in style and setting where you control the gravity with a compelling story to boot.

On 9/18/2020 at 10:35 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

That does look like a fun game. Unique! I'll give it a try. Price not bad either for GR 2

It's actually a weird kind of game that's unique in its own way. Just check out the trailer and see if it's something you'd like getting into. 

On 6/16/2020 at 8:12 AM, Demon_skeith said:

For me it would have to be Psychonauts, which given a second game is due out soon, good time to pick it up.

Psychonauts? This is my very first time of hearing about this game. What's the gameplay is like?