Register Now
ARx182

Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3

The newest season of Fortnite will be out tomorrow (June 17th). It is pretty much confirmed that the map will be flooded (I'm still not sure how it will work) and Aquaman will be the new 'special' character, like Deadpool was in Chapter 2 Season 2. I think it's incredible how Epic have maintained Fortnite at the level it is at for this long, and it doesn't seem to be deteriorating any time soon. 

That poses the big question: what are your thoughts on Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3?

I'm yet to play chapter 2, season 3 but I plan on doing so very shortly. Seeing sharks in Fortnite is something I'm going to have keep wary about. Being eaten by a shark when you're near the Top 10 or close to winning, will not only be frustrating but it may seem embarrassing too. It seems an interesting concept for Epic to introduce enemies and NPC's into the game. 

On 6/20/2020 at 9:29 AM, skyfire said:

I am looking forward to any other character addition they do like they do in every season. 

It's a rip-off, really. I can't even start to think the amount of profit and revenue Epic Games generate from cosmetic skins. Most gamers are obsessed with their character appearance although what I think is that, it's not about your skin, it's how well you play in the match. 

Being a "default" doesn't make you any less of a player. 

Edited by Alexander.

On 6/21/2020 at 11:57 AM, Alexander. said:

It's a rip-off, really. I can't even start to think the amount of profit and revenue Epic Games generate from cosmetic skins. Most gamers are obsessed with their character appearance although what I think is that, it's not about your skin, it's how well you play in the match. 

Being a "default" doesn't make you any less of a player. 

You've just stated the obvious, Epic Games have made it clear that skins/cosmetic do not give players any in-game advantage. They've clearly identified the modern gamers' obsession with their appearances and taken advantage of it. It's genius.

Edited by ARx182

On 6/24/2020 at 11:06 AM, skyfire said:

I think the obsession is there because they want to stand their character out in the match. Which is really not that bad if you ask me. 

Of course, but then the game will release an even cooler skin, and before you know it, the one-time purchase becomes excessive spending. Buying skins is an addiction, my advice: don't fall for it the first time.

Skins are meant for the regular players not someone who just passes the time. I think influencers of specific game need the fortnite for their regular gameplays and also it is trendy to catch the attention.