Register Now
Shagger

Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed... Again.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm angry. To reiterate what I said in the OP for the one of the games OTHER delays, It's always better to delay a game than have it come out busted, so the delay is not what I'm angry about. I'm angry that game companies think it's OK to announce release dates and start taking in pre-orders well before they know the game will meet that schedule. I don't care how much everyone loves CDPR, make no mistake about it, this happened because of greed. CDPR wanted to cash in on pre-orders, to make money from a game they hadn't released. This is exactly why companies like EA and Activision want you so badly to pro-order their games. There's no way in my mind that Covid-19 and other, unexpected external circumstance can account for all the missed release dates for Cyberpunk 2077. Clearly this game was never going to be ready for its original announced release date back in April... and the other two. And you know what, don't be shocked if the have to push back the December date as well.

ElYK_-LWoAAo0gE.thumb.jpg.6006ff959bd909b53790808d06445cda.jpg

(Credit to IGN for the pick)

Having said that, It's still never OK to send death threats to developers over anything. It's counterproductive because it drowns out legitimate complaints and it's pointless because we all know those pathetic, keyboard warrior cowards would never actually go through with it anyway. More than anything, more any scummy business practices, more than cheating, that needs to stop in gaming immediately.

Edited by Shagger

Yeah, it did anger me a bit, but I've come to terms with it and moved on. I'll be angry if they end up delaying it again though.

People who go out and send death threats to the devs because of this aren't true gamers, or fans for that matter. I think they just want something to be mad about, so they end up doing this crap to make themselves feel better. Leave the devs alone. 

22 hours ago, m76 said:

What's really revealing about the announcement is not that they pushed the date 3 weeks. It's what they said about "going gold". Since they described going beta, which for a project this size should have happened at least a year ago if we were expecting a polished product. This 3 weeks won't make any difference whatsoever.

I don't think you understand what the gold version of a produced game is because it's NOT the finished product.  Developers don't send off the gold version to their publisher and then sit with thier thumbs up their arses.

The "gold" version is the fully assembled version of the game code that is ready for the publishers to send off to digital stores and be printed on physical discs.  It’s the first draft, version 1.0.

Things are not done yet including optimisation for each individual release platform, localisation in most countries, final age ratings, testing and the subsequent bug fixes.  Gold versions often come out many months before they are ready for release especially with big projects like this.

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I don't think you understand what the gold version of a produced game is because it's NOT the finished product.  Developers don't send off the gold version to their publisher and then sit with thier thumbs up their arses.

The "gold" version is the fully assembled version of the game code that is ready for the publishers to send off to digital stores and be printed on physical discs.  It’s the first draft, version 1.0.

Things are not done yet including optimisation for each individual release platform, localisation in most countries, final age ratings, testing and the subsequent bug fixes.  Gold versions often come out many months before they are ready for release especially with big projects like this.

I don't think you are in a place to lecture me about game development. "Gold" version is the version that sits on physical media. If there is a physical media. Yes, they can continue working on day0 patches after that as that is often the case nowadays, but nobody disputed that.

They said "gold" but they then elaborated which revealed what they are really talking about is a beta. IE the first  version that is feature and asset ready and can be played from start to finish That is a BETA milestone not going gold milestone, which should have happened 12 months ago!

Oh and PS: THere is nothing draft about a gold version. It should be a finalized game. It's a shame that developers nowadays are leveraging the time between going gold and the actual street date to still fix bugs. It shouldn't be the norm, despite it being common practice.

Edited by m76

Moderator Edit: No need for a new topic on the death threats specifically as we already had this thread. The matter is relevant to this discussion and can be addressed here.

I'm not even sure where to begin with this one. I love gaming as much as the next person but if a game is delayed, it's not the end of the world for me. In the gaming community, we have some very toxic individuals among us that need to be weeded out. 

Source:https://www.cbr.com/cyberpunk-2077-delay-dev-death-threats/

Edited by Shagger

16 minutes ago, veron12 said:

I don't think there will be any more delays in its release. Four delays in a year are more than enough 🙂

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but it can still happen. You remember a game called Dying Light 2? It's been delayed for 2 to 3 years now and there's always another delay.

4 hours ago, FrankieObrien said:

Cyberpunk is one of the great games I love.

How can you say that without even playing the game?

4 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

How do you know that?  Have you played it yet?

I'd also like to know how he loves a game without playing it first.

On 11/24/2020 at 1:50 PM, Empire said:

Hopefully, they won't make even more delays, so many already pre-order the game and yet haven't got to download and play. It has pee"d allot off from playing the game when it gets released. 

The devs already confirmed that there won't be any further delays and they only delayed it to polish up the game for the next gen consoles. I'm massively excited. Hopefully, Steam doesn't crash on release day lol

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The devs already confirmed that there won't be any further delays and they only delayed it to polish up the game for the next gen consoles. I'm massively excited. Hopefully, Steam doesn't crash on release day lol

Starting to see that big time streamers will get there hands on it right away, well they might have it already but can't stream the game till the day that it comes out. dr-mr-respectful already has logos and whatnot already setup. I be watching rather then paying and gaming the game. 

12 hours ago, Empire said:

Starting to see that big time streamers will get there hands on it right away, well they might have it already but can't stream the game till the day that it comes out. dr-mr-respectful already has logos and whatnot already setup. I be watching rather then paying and gaming the game. 

To be fair, I have been checking out the leaks over the past few weeks and I can't wait to get my hand on it!