Register Now
The Blackangel

Binge gaming

Does anyone else here ever binge game? Like you get up in the morning, and decide to get on a game and spend the entire day on that game? Even go into the night? I have done it a lot. Recently I binged FF8. I started a new file on my Switch, and went all the way to the end of disc 3. I typically don't go into disc 4, because it's boring as hell. All that's left to do is Ultimecia's castle. That's not the only game. I have done it with every Zelda game I have played with the only exception being Twilight Princess, as I was severely disappointed with that game. I've also done it with Castlevania games.

I've done it with a hell of a lot of games. A few weeks ago I wanted to set a personal record binge. I wanted to go for 24 straight hours. I started up that FF8 file I already mentioned, and didn't stop except to go to the bathroom. I started it at 9:00 PM (2100) and went until 9:00 the next night without stopping. At 9:05, I was out. I slept until noon the next day. But I set a new personal record. Something I'll never attempt again.

But does anyone else binge gaming?

If I have the mood to play a game (I am doing it not as much, since I went on my "adult jorney" and left my parents' home), I would be binging it for the entire day for sure. When I played a whole lot, I could binge for daaaays (with the sleep breaks)

I have too many other responsibilities to juggle to find days where I could do this, though I imagine (with rest breaks, however) that I would if I could.

The closest I have to this psychologically is when I get so into a game that I speed through my day just to get back to playing it, and when I’m not playing it, I’m thinking about it non-stop.

I have to many other commitments to attend to. Even if I could,  I wouldn't as I feel binge gaming would have a negative impact on my health unless regular breaks were taken throughout the session. Gaming for 24 hours straight is nothing to be proud of, sleep deprivation can lead to serious health issues. 

I used to do title jumping every now and then per day. But over the years I have not done that much over the years. I think if you want to play on the battle royale then playing it for hours between say PUBG to Fortnite makes sense. But I try to avoid playing all day battle royale. I try to change titles every now and then only when I get bored. 

Of course. Most gamers have probably 'binge gamed' at some point - time goes super fast when you're gaming. I've been binge gaming Fortnite for the past couple of days (new season hype) and I binge gamed FIFA 20 back in September when it was released.

13 hours ago, ARx182 said:

Of course. Most gamers have probably 'binge gamed' at some point - time goes super fast when you're gaming. I've been binge gaming Fortnite for the past couple of days (new season hype) and I binge gamed FIFA 20 back in September when it was released.

I remember my fingers paining playing the fortnite for hours. I guess that's one reason I also avoid sprots game binging for hours. 

12 hours ago, skyfire said:

I remember my fingers paining playing the fortnite for hours. I guess that's one reason I also avoid sprots game binging for hours. 

I can relate, whether you play with a controller or keyboard and mouse, Fortnite certainly exercises your fingers. I’d like to think I’m semi-pro now that my fingers move fast enough. 

4 hours ago, ARx182 said:

I can relate, whether you play with a controller or keyboard and mouse, Fortnite certainly exercises your fingers. I’d like to think I’m semi-pro now that my fingers move fast enough. 

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to learn where the keys are without constantly looking down? This is known as tough typing and some do it quicker than others. I took professional typing lessons at an early age and this has really helped me enjoy Gaming as a hobby! 

6 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Some keyboards actually have the keys that you would use in gaming colored differently.

Are you referring to LED Lights? One time,  I owned a Lenovo Gaming Laptop where the keys would light up red when a power source was connected. Different colours definitely help us play when it's dark or late in the evening. 

Edited by Alexander.

11 hours ago, Alexander. said:

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to learn where the keys are without constantly looking down? This is known as tough typing and some do it quicker than others. I took professional typing lessons at an early age and this has really helped me enjoy Gaming as a hobby! 

I don't play games with a keyboard and mouse. I tried but I'm just too used to a controller in my hand - maybe I'll try again, just can't motivate myself at the moment. As for a controller, I've used one since a very young age so it's just about speed for me.