Register Now
The Blackangel

Binge gaming

3 hours ago, ARx182 said:

I don't play games with a keyboard and mouse. I tried but I'm just too used to a controller in my hand - maybe I'll try again, just can't motivate myself at the moment. As for a controller, I've used one since a very young age so it's just about speed for me.

I've always used a controller as well, with the only exceptions being AOE and Diablo 1&2 on PC. I started gaming with a controller in my hand and it's what I'm used to. Trying to game otherwise just feels unnatural to my hands. Maybe it's a kind of "hits the ear wrong" type of thing? I guess when it comes to gaming, my mind and hands are conditioned to holding a controller.

15 hours ago, Alexander. said:

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to learn where the keys are without constantly looking down? This is known as tough typing and some do it quicker than others. I took professional typing lessons at an early age and this has really helped me enjoy Gaming as a hobby! 

3 hours ago, ARx182 said:

I don't play games with a keyboard and mouse. I tried but I'm just too used to a controller in my hand - maybe I'll try again, just can't motivate myself at the moment. As for a controller, I've used one since a very young age so it's just about speed for me.

I normally use a controller but I'm playing Borderlands 2 with keyboard and mouse to get more used to it.  For certain games like shooters a mouse is a bit more precise than a controller.

16 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I fucked up in my post. I meant the A, S, D, & W keys.

Mines been giving me trouble in just 2 months after purchasing new. Especially my key cant press 6 at all. I have to literally use external keyboard on desktop for numbers. 

19 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've always used a controller as well, with the only exceptions being AOE and Diablo 1&2 on PC. I started gaming with a controller in my hand and it's what I'm used to. Trying to game otherwise just feels unnatural to my hands. Maybe it's a kind of "hits the ear wrong" type of thing? I guess when it comes to gaming, my mind and hands are conditioned to holding a controller.

Exact same situation with me.

18 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I normally use a controller but I'm playing Borderlands 2 with keyboard and mouse to get more used to it.  For certain games like shooters a mouse is a bit more precise than a controller.

That's true, you can be more precise with keyboard & mouse than a controller, unless your hands are as shaky as mine. Regardless of the game, I just feel more comfortable using a controller rather than pressing keys on a keyboard. 

Edited by ARx182

I think binge gaming during the lockdown was definitely fun. It just gets different over the period of the time once we are back into routine. As long as we are hope there is not much to think about the binging games or netflix.