Register Now
The Blackangel

Life Is Strange

Anyone played it? How is it? I bought Life Is Strange and Life Is Strange: Before The Storm on eBay a couple weeks ago. I got them on Xbox One. I didn't get LIS 2 yet, due to the price. But I wanted to see what those that have played it think of it. With Beyond The Storm, I got the limited edition, So I'm not sure I'm going to open it or not. I may get another copy to play and keep this one unopened. But it does have the complete season, so I'm unsure yet. It looks really good to me. But I wanted to hear from an experienced eye on it.

I loved Life is Strange but hated Before The Storm.  I can't really explain much about why without spoilers but Life is Strange in my opinion is one of the very best of these episodic, story/character driven type of experiences.  Before the Storm is a shitty fan fiction that inexplicably got a budget.

Lift is Strange is one of those games that is undeniably brilliant, but you have to know what you're in for. It's not actually what I would a "game", I would describe it as an interactive narrative. There're some aspects of exploration and problem solving, but it's mostly guiding the character through a scripted story with choices to make that affect where the story goes. I won't spoil anything, but it's a superb story. I definitely prefer the first LIS over the prequel BTS for reasons that I can't really explain without spoiling them, but it's up to you in the end how you feel.

If you bought the games on disk, the'll be complete, so don't worry.

Edited by Shagger

57 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I bought disc's for both of them. The main reason I got them is because they are made by the same studio that is putting out Tell Me Why Which I have been waiting for forever.

Actually, Before the Storm is NOT made by the same developer (Dontnod Entertainment) as Life is Strange, Life is Strange 2 or the up and coming Tell me Why, which thanks to you I'm now aware of.  It was developed by Deck Nine and Before the Storm was their first and hopefully last stand alone project.  Which goes a long way to explain why it's such a piece of shit.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

I bought disc's for both of them. The main reason I got them is because they are made by the same studio that is putting out Tell Me Why Which I have been waiting for forever.

I've been curious about Life is Strange for a long time, so I'll be interested what you think of it.