Register Now
Knight Plug

The Last of Us Part II

I've only played a little bit so far, but it's not as bad as people are making it out to be. Atleast for me personally, I'm enjoying it very much so far and I hope the ending will live up the expectations too. 

The problem is, with all due respect to @Knight Plug, people aren't understanding the difference between a bad story and an upsetting one. It's not meant to be heroic or inspirational, it's meant to be provocative and uncomfortable. I'll be preparing a more complete review for when I finish the game, but so far it is brilliant at what's trying to be minus a few issues here and there.

Edited by Shagger

On 6/23/2020 at 5:16 PM, Shagger said:

The problem is, with all due respect to @Knight Plug , people aren't understanding the difference between a bad story and an upsetting one. It's not meant to be heroic or inspirational, it's meant to be provocative and uncomfortable. I'll be preparing a more complete review for when I finish the game, but so far it is brilliant at what's trying to be minus a few issues here and there.

I won’t be able to play it for a long time since I don’t have a compatible system, so I am trying to avoid spoilers, but it great to read that you are liking it thus far—I think I trust your opinion since we’ve had some discussions about the first game. I’ll look forward to your review, especially if you can keep the spoilers below the cut so I can read a spoiler-free section 🙂

Edited by Shagger

Just now, StaceyPowers said:

I won’t be able to play it for a long time since I don’t have a compatible system, so I am trying to avoid spoilers, but it great to read that you are liking it thus far—I think I trust your opinion since we’ve had some discussions about the first game. I’ll look forward to your review, especially if you can keep the spoilers below the cut so I can read a spoiler-free section 🙂

I may do two. One spoiler free, one not. It really depends on how easy it is to explain my thoughts on the story and my I believe certain them without going into details.

7 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I may do two. One spoiler free, one not. It really depends on how easy it is to explain my thoughts on the story and my I believe certain them without going into details.

That would be awesome if you did that! And indeed, it can be really hard for me to try and explain what I liked or disliked about a game without going into spoiler details regarding plot and characters in most cases.

7 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

I've yet to play the series, but once I see part 2 go down in price, I plan on picking it up and play both part 1 and 2.

Same here for the most part. I haven't played the first one even though I've had it for quite a while. Until I get around to trying it out though, I don't have any plans of picking up TLOU 2. If I don't like it, there's no point in getting it. Especially at the release price. I'm assuming it's somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 to $60.

You need a heart of gold to appreciate these games. While the second one let me down, I don't want to completely discredit Naughty Dog's work, like so many YouTubers are doing. It's a game that will hopefully not prevent further entries being produced for the PS5 era.

I do feel some of the backlash from the fanbase is warranted, although as I said, Naughty Dog did make some questionable decisions. But all in all, there's a very gripping story on offer. In a way, this is the SJW community's wet dream of gaming. There's certainly something in this game for every SJW. LOL!

The gameplay however, only received some minor new additions. Like, you can use rope to climb up to awkward catwalks to get passed. Other than that, it has a dodge feature, which is hard to get to grips with. The rest of it is mostly not too dissimilar to the original.

4 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I have the first one around here somewhere, I've just never played it. I've been told many times that it's one of the best games ever written, but people said that about DKC and Tetris too. I'll check it out at some point, I just don't know when.

What institution can I find the people who praised Tetris for the quality of the game's story writing?