Register Now
Knight Plug

The Last of Us Part II

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

What institution can I find the people who praised Tetris for the quality of the game's story writing?

If you can't perceive the timeless brilliance of Tetris' plot and characters, you just aren't paying attention. The L-shape is my favourite, out to destroy every attempt to construct greatness. A mastermind villain. And poor zigzag always tries to help--but it's too little, too late =D

59 minutes ago, Demon_skeith said:

So its been in the news the people behind the game are getting some serious threats from fans, people need to get a life.

I've seen it. Now, say what you want about the game, characters, story etc, I know I will when I'm ready to put up my review on here, but what kind of low grasp on reality does it take to fail to separate a screen actor from a character, never mind a voice actor from a character? This isn't fandom, this is insanity.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

Ok, what the hell did I miss?

An actress named Laura Bailey has received death threats from people over the action of the character she voiced/mo-capped in The Last of Us part 2, (Abby). For spoiler reasons I won't explain what Abby did to piss these people off, but does it even matter? An actress is getting death threats because of something her character did.

Well, the game is getting heat too because Neil Druckmann even confessed he lied about the promotional material involving a particular character. It could be branded as false advertising. If you don't know what I mean, look on YouTube. AT YOUR OWN RISK! 

9 hours ago, thesaunderschild said:

Well, the game is getting heat too because Neil Druckmann even confessed he lied about the promotional material involving a particular character. It could be branded as false advertising. If you don't know what I mean, look on YouTube. AT YOUR OWN RISK! 

I'll avoid youtube as it will be too easy to see a spoiler and ruin the plot for me.

Well, that's it. Just finished the game. There is so much to talk about, but for now, I'll just say this was a masterpiece in a way all of its own. This truly is a gaming franchise unlike any other.

The Last of Us Part II is not story not revolving around hope and finding a light in darkness, like the original, hell it's called "The Last of Us" because it was all about finding what about humanity could still shine in very worst of circumstances. This story is about what the other area's of humanity,  hatred, prejudice and violence, can take from you. Dark, unyielding, savage, uncomfortable and beautiful.

I'll prepare my full thoughts over the next few days, probably as a spoiler free review then spoiler analysis and discussion. For now, time to reflect... or maybe move on to New Game+, who knows.

Edited by Shagger