Register Now
skyfire

Mixer Shut down

Mixer is shutting down and it seems like they have some secret deal with Facebook. And they are moving new users to the facebook gaming in transition period. They had pretty low numbers compared to the twitch and youtube gaming. And earning revenue was not easy. So I guess they closed because of that. 

Check the news here: https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/22/21299032/microsoft-mixer-closing-facebook-gaming-partnership-xcloud-features

My speculation : Microsoft and Facebook has Azure deal and so facebook asked them to remove the competiting services they have common between. So they closed the service and moving the users to facbeook gaming. I mean microsoft has many other companies to ask users to move away but they asked them to move to facebook. Goes to show they have some deal behind. 

22 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

I can't believe how people like Ninja who got paid a ton to move over now get to walk free with all that money, makes me a bit sick. Sucks to see the service go under, guess no one can be Twitch.

I was wondering what was going to happen with him. That is ridiculous.

On 6/23/2020 at 11:30 PM, Demon_skeith said:

I can't believe how people like Ninja who got paid a ton to move over now get to walk free with all that money, makes me a bit sick. Sucks to see the service go under, guess no one can be Twitch.

I mean let's be honest and call Ninja what he is --- a sell out.

1 hour ago, DC said:

I mean let's be honest and call Ninja what he is --- a sell out.

Honestly, I wouldn't call him a sell out. He had already made millions streaming games and was offered a sponsorship deal worth more millions to still stream video games and, that's business.  So I wouldn't call him a sell-out for accepting an offer anyone of us would have taken, I'd call him a lucky little shit for getting into the position he ended up in to be made such an offer in first place.

Edited by Shagger

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

Honestly, I wouldn't call him a sell out. He had already made millions streaming games and was offered a sponsorship deal worth more millions to still stream video games and, that's business.  So I wouldn't call him a sell-out for accepting an offer anyone of us would have taken, I'd call him a lucky little shit for getting into the position he ended up in to be made such an offer in first place.

I just think he (and anyone else) who jumps from platform to platform and sponsorship to sponsorship looses credibility. He's always sporting different gear, energy drinks, etc, it's just not the Twitch to Mixer to now Facebook Gaming move.

7 minutes ago, DC said:

I just think he (and anyone else) who jumps from platform to platform and sponsorship to sponsorship looses credibility. He's always sporting different gear, energy drinks, etc, it's just not the Twitch to Mixer to now Facebook Gaming move.

The how can he be a sell out? Sound to me like he never "Sold in" to begin with and was only ever loyal to cash.

3 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Isn’t that the definition of a sell out?🤑

image.jpeg.98f0101d5837d723785e05158f6e6b61.jpeg

My point was it seems he just chased cash right from the start. It seems impossible to "sell out" by my definition if you never hand any principles or loyalty to begin with.

Sell out implies he was supposed to stay loyal to specific platform but he left because of money, which is not the case, he was streaming on multiple platforms already and he just remained exclusive for the mixer, so not exactly sell out.