Register Now
StaceyPowers

What will be the first games you buy on your PS5 or Xbox Series X?

After you buy your next generation console, be it a PS5 or Xbox Series X, what do you think will be the very first games you purchase? I’m assuming PS5 will play almost all PS4 games, so for me it will be catching up on PS4 games I’ve missed, likely starting with The Outer Worlds, TLOU II, and RDR2.

I'm more of a Xbox fanboy. Grand Theft Auto Six is a title in which I'm looking forward to when Microsoft finally releases their console.  Both platforms offer an enhanced gaming experience and this will blend well once GTA 6 has been launched to the gaming community. 

It's scary to think how fast technology moves. 

Edited by Alexander.

13 minutes ago, Alexander. said:

I'm more of a Xbox fanboy. Grand Theft Auto Six is a title in which I'm looking forward to when Microsoft finally releases their console.  Both platforms offer an enhanced gaming experience and this will blend well once GTA 6 has been launched to the gaming community. 

That game has not been announced. As far we know, it doesn't even exist. All they're offering at launch in GTA5...again.

7 hours ago, Alexander. said:

Ok seriously, why do people think that GTA VI is right round the corner?  I mean think about it!  GTA IV was released in 2008 and GTA V was released in 2013, that's a gap of 5 years.  After that Red Dead Redemption 2 was released in 2018, that's another 5 years so even if we were to assume that GTA VI went into full production immediately after the release of RDR2, (and there is no way it did since they were working on RDR online) that means with this developemnt cycle the earliest that GTA VI can possibly come out is late 2023!  The Elder Scrolls 6 and Beyond Good and Evil 2 will probably be out before that.  I know there are some crappy YouTubers that get tons of click-bait views hyping this non-existent game but they are full of it!

Edited by Crazycrab

On 6/25/2020 at 3:30 AM, Shagger said:

That game has not been announced. As far we know, it doesn't even exist. All they're offering at launch in GTA5...again.

Although, there are speculations and rumours about the release of GTA Six. I would be very disappointed if this was the last version of Grand Theft Auto.  It's such a good game to play and IV will slowly die over time if Rockstar don't do something about it. 

19 minutes ago, Alexander. said:

Although, there are speculations and rumours about the release of GTA Six. I would be very disappointed if this was the last version of Grand Theft Auto.  It's such a good game to play and IV will slowly die over time if Rockstar don't do something about it. 

There have been "rumours and speculation" floating around for years, like a stale fart. There was (and maybe still are) entire YouTube channels dedicated to putting unfounded claims and leeks about GTA6, going so far as even announce the and show gameplay that was modded versions of GTAV. It's all lies. Rockstar have confirmed nothing and given that they were busy with GTA Online and RDR2, don't expect GTA6 to come anytime soon.

Besides, even if they did announce the game, I wouldn't put that much faith in it. Rockstar are not the same company they were. Ever since they partnered with TakeTwo to be their publisher, all they seem interested in is milking GTAV beyond its worth. That's why this dried up rock that's long since run out of blood is being released on a third generation of console, to claim relevancy and extra sales the game just doesn't deserve. That's why GTA6 only exists in peoples hopes and dreams because TakeTwo and Rockstar are still making easy money on a fossil known as GTAV.

3 hours ago, TheSteelyardDweller said:

i dont think we will see new gta game for a while

Why do you think that? GTA IV was published in the beginning of 2008 and GTA V was released in 2013, that's a four year difference there. It being 2020, it has now nearly been 7 whole years since we last saw a new version. 

Edited by Alexander.

1 hour ago, Alexander. said:

Why do you think that? GTA IV was published in the beginning of 2008 and GTA V was released in 2013, that's a four year difference there. It being 2020, it has now nearly been 7 whole years since we last saw a new version. 

The studio that created the GTA series is called Rockstar Games, not GTA maker. That means they do other things, more specifically have done other things since GTAV such as GTA online and Red Dead Redemption 2. It's not uncommon for modern AAA games to take 5 years or more to develop, and RDR2 came out less than two years ago, then there is RDR2's online mode and now they're doing stupid next gen port of GTAV. They were even working on a new Bully game until it was cancelled last year. Rockstar could have only been working solely on a new GTA game (assuming that's even true) realistically for around 18 months at the absolute most. @TheSteelyardDwelleris right, don't wait up for GTA6.

Edited by Shagger

1 hour ago, Alexander. said:

First of all 2008 to 2013 is s gap of five years not four.  Secondly as others including myself have already mentioned Rockstar Games don't just make GTA but also Red Dead Redemption, the second game in such franchise only came out 2 years ago.  Other IP's include Max Payne, LA Noire and Bully, a follow up of which was only recently cancelled.  So what Rockstar is working on right now could be GTA VI, another Max Payne, a follow up to LA Noire or even something else entirely.

The point is Rockstar just came off a major project fairly recently and what they are making next could any number of things.  Don't believe anything until it comes from the horses mouth.  Whatever GTA VI "information" is out there are at best rumours and at worst flat out bullshit!

Edited by Crazycrab

At this point anything about another GTA game is just a conspiracy theory. Rockstar is busy with so many other projects, that anyone who says that they have information about GTA6 but didn’t get it from Rockstar, is a flat out liar. Little green men from Mars bringing us an early edition of the PS25 is more believable, than any bullshit about the possibility of the game before the publisher says so. But then there’s one thing that hasn’t been considered. They may be done with the GTA franchise. Quit while you’re ahead. It’s happened before, it will happen again. So there’s a very real possibility that there will NEVER be another GTA game at all.

Edited by The Blackangel

I am definitely checking stores like steam, humble bundle, EPIC and few other stores where I have account. And then choose the bundles that work with both PC and console. And go for those nothing specific planned. 

13 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

...also Red Dead Redemption, the second game in such franchise only came out 2 years ago....

Actually, that's not entirely correct. The first game was called Red Dead Revolver (2004), then there was the much better known and successful Red Dead Redemption (2010). Cashing in on the public's ignorance that the first game even happened, they then named the next one Red Dead Redemption 2 (2018). So yeah, it's little known fact that Red Dead Redemption 2 actually has a stupid name.