Register Now
StaceyPowers

How long does it take you to feel invested in a game?

How many hours do you need to put into a game before you feel emotionally invested in it? For me, it can vary anywhere from a couple hours to twenty or more, depending on how long it takes for something in-game to grab me (although with TLOU, it was just minutes).

It can be  instantaneous, or days. It all depends on the game. The genre and franchise don’t have any impact. I used to play fantasy games exclusively. But then I got into FF8, which is a lot more sci-fi. FF8 grabbed me immediately. Twilight Princess never did. GoW on PS4 wasn’t impressive. F-Zero was an awesome game. So for me there’s no telling.

It really depends on the title in which I'm playing. Potentially hours, days or even weeks and I feel "invested in a game" once something draws me in. This could range from their storyline, game concept, or how well the games features have been developed. 

Edited by Alexander.

It really depends on the game. If it's a story game with a slow start, it will obviously take me longer to get hooked, but if it's a story that grabs my attention straight away, then I will feel invested into the game.

7 hours ago, ARx182 said:

It really depends on the game. If it's a story game with a slow start, it will obviously take me longer to get hooked, but if it's a story that grabs my attention straight away, then I will feel invested into the game.

What games have hooked your attention right from the start? I think the only game I remember being invested within minutes with was TLOU.

On 6/30/2020 at 10:11 PM, StaceyPowers said:

What games have hooked your attention right from the start? I think the only game I remember being invested within minutes with was TLOU.

Spider-Man hooked my attention straight away. The cinematics, gameplay and everything about it is exceptional. I'm really looking forward to the next Spider-Man on PS5, if it's anything as good as the first one, it will be a great game!

In part, I never really got the allure of superhero games. Things like Marvel, DC, etc. type superheroes. Marvel and DC are the only ones I really know, as with the exception of WildCATS, I was never into comics. Now don't get me wrong, I have a couple (Batman/NES, WildCATS/SNES), but people sitting the edge of their chair anticipating the next release of a >insert superhero< game just seems strange to me. But then again, there are games that I do the same thing for that people are looking at me and asking themselves what the hell I'm on and will I share any of it. So the understanding, or in this case not understanding, goes both ways.

Edited by The Blackangel

Superhero games are boring and lot of tangent storylines from comics, animation, movies make you go mad on games. I mean it messes with your head what is canon and what is manipulation from original. That is where it gets boring. I'd say if you want to follow hero storylines then MMO games are lot better.