Register Now
Shagger

"Angry" Joe Vargas Accused of Sexual Harassment.

Successful YouTuber, reviewer and streamer "Angry" Joe Vargas has been accused of getting, let's say, inappropriate with a partnered Twitch Streamer, VA and Overwatch pro team coach WookieMonster aka Queen of the Feeders during PAX East in 2018. Rich of ReviewtechUSA put out a couple of videos that explain the situation in more detail than I can and with neutrality, but here are the links to  WookieMonster's Original Statement (This may have been edited since the original posting), Angry Joe's official Public Response and Rich's vids below;

1st Video (Before Joe's Reponce)

2nd Video (After Joe's Response)

So, what do I think. There's not two sides to these stories, you know "He Said, She Said". It's usually three. "He said, She Said, and the Truth". Call it the Eye of God. That knows the truth in detail,  but the truth is something we humans aren't great it.

It's been over two years, the facts can get diluted by both parties in that kind of time, whether it be twisting the truth, careful wording, not remembering correctly or just flat out lies. A lot of people are criticizing and debunking WookieMonster's story because of that two year gap, but it's not always easy to come forward with stuff like this, history has shown this. I also find it unlikely that she's doing this for publicity as I don't feel Joe's YouTube content over the past couple of years has been as popular as it used to be, but I think his Twitch audience may have gotten bigger. But still, it would have made more sense to make a name for herself at Joe's expense if she came forward back then. Also, as Rich said, in 94% of sexual assault/harassment cases, the victim is telling the truth.

However, this seems unlikely for Joe as well. He normally presents himself as a fairly progressive, modern man that doesn't really suit the personality profile of someone would behave this way, epically in public. His response is also very clear, clean and calm, but with a tone that indicates how seriously he's taking this. He's angry, but not frightened, and means he has full confidence in what he's saying. On the contrary, there's just a few things about WookieMonsters statement that bother me. It feels like she's describing more how she felt about his actions, rather than a more clinical description of his actions, if you what I mean. It's quite possible to feel threatened without actually being under threat, and that I think is how the Eye of God would describe this. She's aso backpedalled somewhat (apparently) of some parts of her statement, and that discredits her original recollection somewhat.

Because God is an asshole, he won't spell it out, but I do think the aforementioned filter of the human mind and more recent events surrounding sexual harassment with others coming forward has prompted this and made her look back and maybe not see this in full clarity or context. I believe Joel may have flirted with her, maybe tried his luck a little, but I don't there was a deliberate attempt to harass her and make her feel uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean she didn't feel harassed and uncomfortable. I don't want to vindicate nor crucify Joe over this, what I want is the truth to come out and justice to be served, whatever action that entails.

That's just my thoughts, what do you think?

Edited by Shagger