Register Now
Ken2D

How important are Achievements?

I don't go for achievements per se, unless it's just something I find interesting to do. I like to try to fill up the compendium of all the animals, fish, weapons, equipment,etc. etc. in RDR2. I also enjoy their challenges. The Explorer is the easiest to complete all 10 in full. Master Hunter, Horseman, and Weapons Expert are a lot of fun too. They aren't important for much, but they're a nice distraction from the story line when you need one.

I think they add to end goals, but sometimes I don’t really look at them and just move onto playing the game and going forward with finishing the story. Maybe I’ll go back later and try to get them all, but not always.

It adds a sense of accomplishment when you get a rare achievement but I don't mind if a game has no achievements.I never play specifically to get achievements

Edited by m76

On 6/26/2020 at 12:37 AM, Ken2D said:

Hi Everyone! First time poster here. I've been looking for some feedback on achievements and their impact on players and this forum seemed like the perfect place for it. I work at a company called Omnislash and we're developing a platform to ingest data from games to supplement content. For example if you have a screenshot from a league of legends game you did really well in you would be able to link it to the actual data from that match.

We currently support one game but plan on adding as many games as possible and we're looking for feedback on how achievements impact your gameplay experience. 

- Do achievements mean a lot to you? Steam achievements, console achievements, in game achievements, etc.

- Would being able to share achievements with friends or in your online social networks make them more useful?

- Can a game having meaningful or challenging achievements make or break the game to you?

A lot of this will impact our design decisions in the future (ex. including and showing achievements from games on your profile etc.) If you're curious about some of what we're doing feel free to check us out, there's a link in my bio/about. 

Please don't hesitate to message me if you have any questions!

Achievements are very important to me as a gamer. In as much as I'm playing games to catch fun, I also want to have something to show for it especially when it get to discuss in a gaming community. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Achievements are very important to me as a gamer. In as much as I'm playing games to catch fun, I also want to have something to show for it especially when it get to discuss in a gaming community. 

I normally don't care for achievements to be frank. I keep focusing on to complete my missions as soon as possible. Lol. 😆Getting some achievements all the way is not that I don't like either. 😅

Edited by Razor1911

11 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

I normally don't care for achievements to be frank. I keep focusing on to complete my missions as soon as possible. Lol. 😆Getting some achievements all the way is not that I don't like either. 😅

It's going to be more like killing two birds with one stone when you complete your mission and get more achievements.