Register Now
lostsoul70

can't load my games

I tried to put Doom 3 and Quake 4 on my i5 4690 and these are my error messages which I looked up but don’t understand them.

Quake 4 – Error Number: 0X80040702 – Description fail to load: CD key – Setup will terminate?

Doom 3 – Error: 1602 – This installation package could not be opened

I could be wrong, but it sounds like an incompatibility issue. With Quake the product key is obviously the issue. Did you buy the key secondhand? If so, then you're not going to be able to use it. If not, are you sure you put it in correctly? Some of those product keys are case sensitive, so you may want to try again.

With Doom, it sounds like there's a lock on it, or it's just flat out corrupt.

My thoughts are that you're just going to have to rebuy both of them. Someone else here may have another solution, as there are people that know more about the technical side than I do.

I'm gonna to have to agree with @The Blackangel, this sounds like a problem with the game keys themselves. I hate to sound like a detective, but did you buy these games legitimately? If so, from where?

These are older games, so a compatibility issue with modern hardware and/or software could be the problem, but such issues wouldn't reveal themselves until you actually tried to run the games, so because it appears you can't even get them installed, I don't think that's it.

Edited by Shagger