Register Now
22_22

Cheapest deal you found?

Sometimes the games that we pay very little for can be some of our best ones. There is less pressure to enjoy the game when they are so cheap I feel.

So what games have you bought extremely cheap and were they smart purchases, or did you dispose of the game pretty quickly?

Do we constantly need to buy expensive and recent versions of games to have fun or are we satisfied with these deals?

The cheapest I ever got a game for was 3¢ ($0.03). It was a DDL on Switch. I don't remember which one, as I have so many DDL's on there, but I have to have enjoyed it, because I never deleted any of my games, and play them all regularly. If you're asking about a physical game (disc/cartridge) then it would be 99¢ ($0.99). That I think was AC3. I'm not sure. I know I found it in the bargain bin at GameStop.

One of the best value purchases I can recall was once that happened quite recently. AC Odyssey Gold Edition, so includes the DLC expansions, from the Epic Games Store.

epicsave.PNG.8a94835576fab65481f7cbaa57d33c77.PNG

This is normally an £80 game, but was on sale, around 2/3rds off or something and I had a £10 coupon to redeem on the store. So it actually cost £27.71 before the coupon came of, but the price was ultimately the £17.71 you see on the image. It turned out though they also threw in a copy of AC3 Remastered into it as part of deal AND they then gave me another £10 coupon, immediately replacing the one I'd just used. So that was over £100 worth of games and content for, basically £7.71? (considering the £10 coupon that was given right back to me). Yeah, I fell like I won that one.

I got UFC 3 for less than £5 on the PS Store. I think it was a part of a sale not so long ago. UFC 3 is a great game, you don’t even need to know anything about UFC, I didn’t, as it’s really just a fighting game that’s very easy to learn and master. Off the top of my head, that’s the best deal I have gotten.