Register Now
DudeThatsErin

What is the longest session you have had when playing video games?

You people are mad xD

Longest I ever did in one sitting was the ending of Mass Effect 3, back in college. I was determined to finish the game that night, but didn't realize how long the ending was, and didn't want to break the emotional immersion by stopping and coming back to it the following day. I just remember thinking, "This has got to be the last wave of enemies  before the final boss... right???" about twelve times. 

(Joke was on me, there was no final boss in that game, only Marauder Shields and the Three Huskateers.)

Anyway, I think it was between 4-6 hours, but that's a lot for me, considering I usually don't spend any more than two hours in front of my console at a time.

Can't believe I never answered this topic yet. For me, the longest gaming session I had, was probably 6-7 hours maybe. I used to play COD a lot, like sometimes the whole day if I could, so it could very well be more. But I can't say for sure the amount of hours I played in my longest session. 

On 7/3/2020 at 11:04 PM, DudeThatsErin said:

I have had sessions where I played for 12 hours max. I don't believe I've gone longer than that but I think my husband has done 24 or 36 hour gaming sessions. I find that insane. I always have to sleep after a while.

What about you?

I don't really think that I have ever managed 12 hours straight no interruption. But I can say something about 7 hours straight. 

34 minutes ago, Shole said:

12 hour World of Warcraft burning crusade session where i didn't do nothing but 2 min pee break.

Seriously, 12 hours is too long for me. I'd be just sitting for 12 long hard hours. My ass would catch fire and my thigh stiff up. 

Just now, Heatman said:

Seriously, 12 hours is too long for me. I'd be just sitting for 12 long hard hours. My ass would catch fire and my thigh stiff up. 

I was a kid with nothing else to do but sit in an internet cafe for too long XD

19 minutes ago, Shole said:

I was a kid with nothing else to do but sit in an internet cafe for too long XD

Haha, I actually expected that because it's definitely going to very hard for an adult with lots of responsibilities to take care of on daily basis to sit for 12 hours and play games.