Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games you liked far more years after you first played them?

Dig Dug, Frogger, Space Invaders, Asteroids, Pac Man, Mario Bros(not SMB), Joust. So many classic games. Simple to learn, impossible to master.

And they are like fine wine. They only get better with time.

Edited by The Blackangel

15 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Dig Dug, Frogger, Space Invaders, Asteroids, Pac Man, Mario Bros(not SMB), Joust. So many classic games. Simple to learn, impossible to master.

And they are like fine wine. They only get better with time.

Eh I don't know, Pac man really hasn't aged well if you ask me.

Zelda Ocarina of Time.  When I was a kid I got SO ridiculously excited about it from what I read in magazines.  One of the things I got excited about the most was having the ability to jump.  I got incredibly pissed when I played the actual game and you couldn't jump.  I got even more pissed when I read Miyamoto talk about the reason for this:  "We wanted to make it easier for players, so we designed it so that you would just jump automatically when you run off the edge of something."  Honestly, to this day when I think about that explanation I'm like WTF?!!  But anyways, yeah... I maintained an overly negative view of the game while I played through it due to that and a few other little things.  I played it again years later though and loved it.  I guess I was a pretty strange kid.

Edited by Steerminator

On 7/9/2020 at 10:21 AM, The Blackangel said:

To each their own, but you can't deny that Pac Man is a classic.

I think Pac Man is more fun than most of those other old games you mentioned.  Personally though, I think the NES was the true beginning of really great video games.  

GTA San Andres for sure due to its storyline, also games like FFX due to their story that I didn’t understand when I was a kid.

other games I’ll play and go back for the fun of it (like command and conquer games), but that’s really about it.

On 3/2/2021 at 11:00 PM, Syntax said:

GTA San Andres for sure due to its storyline, also games like FFX due to their story that I didn’t understand when I was a kid.

other games I’ll play and go back for the fun of it (like command and conquer games), but that’s really about it.

I kind of have to agree with Final Fantasy X but the storyline for San Andreas was pretty understandable.

On 7/9/2020 at 3:21 PM, The Blackangel said:

To each their own, but you can't deny that Pac Man is a classic.

Seriously Pac Man is a good old classic that still have a lot of people rooting for it. I did enjoyed it more after playing it at first.