Register Now
StaceyPowers

Video game trailers

Yes, trailers help me decide. There are a lot of games in the Nintendo eShop that on a first glance looked great. But upon viewing the trailer, I completely changed my mind. And there were others that were the exact opposite. So if I can see a trailer of how the game is, that helps a lot in my decision on whether or not I think I would even play it, let alone want to spend the money on it.

14 hours ago, skyfire said:

Some trailers are designed in a way that makes you want to buy game. I mean look at the death stranding and also the Cyberpunk. I am sure 90% of the gamers were sold in the trailers instead of actual gameplay. 

I think people still want some kind of gameplay, it's why many say Xbox's recent presentation flopped.

A lot of trailers show actual gameplay, which helps out a lot. If I watch a trailer and all it is is screenshots, then the trailer was completely pointless to me. I would have to go to YouTube and find a video if I was that interested in agame. But in the Nintendo eShop, all games have that. A series of screenshots are 100% guaranteed, so you can get a look at the game. And often a video trailer showing gameplay is included.

On 7/13/2020 at 12:58 PM, Demon_skeith said:

I think people still want some kind of gameplay, it's why many say Xbox's recent presentation flopped.

I think that is more or less issues with their presentation side not necessarily console side. 

It isn't the only factor which helps me to decide whether to purchase the video game, but it's one of the most important. Most trailers now show gameplay previews, which is a massive plus for me. I can visually see whether or not this would be something I would enjoy.  Reading reviews can give me a better idea too.

Some people can go by a couple screenshots alone to know whether they will like a game or not, and find trailers extremely annoying. I remember when I was a kid, the screenshots on the back of the box were all we had to go by. NES/SNES/N64 all had pics of in-game play on the back of the box and that was the only thing that could help a kid determine if they wanted a game or not. With games they weren't particularly familiar with.

To each their own, but trailers still help me.