Register Now
StaceyPowers

Video game trailers

On 8/16/2020 at 11:46 AM, Oliver said:

Yeh, i often watch trailer on yotuube before buying something. I think its better to watch their trailer before buying it

Watching gameplays is a must these days because if you don't then you are more likely to end up with frustrating purchase. 

I wouldn't say trailers sell me on games unless they show me gameplay. Anything cinematic doesn't paint a picture of what I'm getting. Sure it may be story based, but I'd rather see a trailer with gameplay over a cinematic one. Dead Island comes to mind, as they did the cinematic trailer and got people interested in it. But it was far from what the trailer showed. I thought it was going to be this depressing story about loss, but nope, we got an ok zombie survival game. But the story was not good at all. It probably wasn't even needed for what the game was. And the story seemed more comical than dramatic. 

But yeah, never trust a cinematic trailer, as that will not give you any details about the game itself. 

On 7/7/2020 at 10:43 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Do video game trailers play into your decisions to purchase games or not? I’ve come to realize that I’ve never even seen the trailers for the vast majority of video games I have played.

It's not just for my video games that I lookup to the trailers but also for the movies I watch as well. It offers me an insight to what I can enjoy in either the game or movies. 

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's not just for my video games that I lookup to the trailers but also for the movies I watch as well. It offers me an insight to what I can enjoy in either the game or movies. 

Some trailers are not always spot on with being misinforming but in most cases, they are very good with showing what to expect in games and movies likewise. 

13 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Trailers never misformed me before, I've always learned about video games I never played before through the help of it's trailer. With it, I decide if the game is worth it or never. 

You are still very lucky not to have experienced getting thrown the wrong move by a particular video game trailer.