Register Now
lostsoul70

Stuck in a game

What's the point on asking for help if you never read the responses? Making the same threads to ask the questions again and again will not help you if you don't actually read the responses and listen to what people tell you. You may as well ask the wall otherwise. I have told you already, LMB means Left Mouse Button. The game is prompting you to press and hold the left mouse button to preform the action. Now stop spamming.

I'm new at this site. I couldn't find any response to my posts. I couldn't find my posts. I thought the Admin was deleting my posts and I couldn't figure out why. I was looking for "Rage 2" but couldn't find it. I'm not a spammer just confused. I know that LMB stands for Left mouse button. But my question is I can't figure out what "(hold) + LMB" means? Also I'm 73 years old and I get confused easy, sorry.
"

Edited by lostsoul70

Hold+LMB means to press the left mouse button, and hold it down. Keep it pressed down. Do not lift your finger up off the button. Do not release the button. It's like a gas pedal in your car. To keep your car in motion you press and hold the gas pedal. It's the same thing here.

I have to ask, what is your native tongue?

23 minutes ago, lostsoul70 said:

I'm new at this site. I couldn't find any response to my posts. I couldn't find my posts. I thought the Admin was deleting my posts and I couldn't figure out why. I was looking for "Rage 2" but couldn't find it. I'm not a spammer just confused. I know that LMB stands for Left mouse button. But my question is I can't figure out what "(hold) + LMB" means? Also I'm 73 years old and I get confused easy, sorry.
"

I apologise for being so brazen, I was unaware. It's wonderful to someone at you age enjoying games, respect. Please understand it was getting frustrating offing advice and not having heeded, but that's no excuses for me to be rude, so once again I'm sorry. If need help to navigate the website I'm happy to help.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

Hold+LMB means to press the left mouse button, and hold it down. Keep it pressed down. Do not lift your finger up off the button. Do not release the button. It's like a gas pedal in your car. To keep your car in motion you press and hold the gas pedal. It's the same thing here.

I have to ask, what is your native tongue?

25 minutes ago, lostsoul70 said:

I held down my left mouse button for a minute but nothing happened. I have a Microsoft mouse which I've used for years. Could it be my mouse which I've had for years or is there some key strokes I can use?

I have to assume it's the mouse. It's either faulty of has some kind of compatibility problem. It is possible to re-bind and customise controls on PC games, but controlling a video game like Rage 2 accurately with just a keyboard is very difficult, all but impossible. I think it might be better to try a different, more modern mouse or perhaps try using a controller.

Edited by Shagger

Thank You, I ordered a Logitech mouse from amazon so tomorrow if it doesn't work I'll use my controller which I've never used and if that doesn't work I"m going to build another computer which I have line out for $1700 for all the parts which will play my games nicely. Thank you again for your reply

5 hours ago, lostsoul70 said:

Thank You, I ordered a Logitech mouse from amazon so tomorrow if it doesn't work I'll use my controller which I've never used and if that doesn't work I"m going to build another computer which I have line out for $1700 for all the parts which will play my games nicely. Thank you again for your reply

I've said it a couple of times before but i'll say it again, you should wait to bulid a new gaming PC.  Supirior parts (GPU's in particular) from AMD and NVidea are coming later in the year or early next year.  If you need any help assembling a build let me know.

7 hours ago, lostsoul70 said:

I'm new at this site. I couldn't find any response to my posts. I couldn't find my posts. 

I my experience the best way find your old posts is to click your own profile, there is a history of all your activity.  Also there is a "Follow" button at the top of each thread, if you click that you will get an email and browser notification each time somebody responds.

There's been a couple times I have been so stuck I had no choice but to buy game guides or go online. I bought game guides back when I was a kid and had no clue what the hell I was doing. Now if I get stuck on something, there typically is no guide printed anymore, so I have to check it out online. It's a pain in the ass, but that's what those videos and walkthroughs are for.

Either way I still hate it.

I'm stuck when it comes to Car and Driver Grand Tour Racing '98.  I could achieve completion if I could just win two more Easter Island races in season mode.  I however am far better at pavement racing than rally, so this will be a real challenge for me.

I remember when FF8 came out on PS1, guides were flying off the shelves faster than stores could get them in. And it was all due to Caraway's mansion on disc one. When Quistis, Selphie, and Zell comeback so Quistis can apologize to Rinoa they get locked in that room. At the time, NO ONE could figure out how the hell they were supposed to get out. There's a supposed "clue" that is so insignificant that no one would put 2 and 2 together. It was one of 10 pictures hanging on the god damn wall. Yeah. That helps. Thanks a lot assholes. And for those of us that weren't fast enough to get a guide (which was about $50 at the time BTW) we had to find someone that had one and ask them what the hell we were supposed to do. Fuck Doomtrain, The Deep Sea Research Center, or figuring out what the hell is up with that damn spaceship stealing the Moai. We just wanted to advance the god damn story.

That part was one of the reasons FF8 was the most hated Final Fantasy game until FF13 came out.

But I still play it like a fiend, and know (I would guess) around 90%-95% of the game. I can answer almost any question someone has about it.

Edited by The Blackangel