Register Now
Mr.Merbles

Cheap games on all platforms

32 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Don't rise to this, it's just more spam.

How is it spam when it's in the Video Game Deals section?  I'm telling you about a good offer for BF1 and Dead by Daylight in the section of the forum dedicated for such topics, just like other posts previous to mine....I mean, you don't HAVE to come to this section if you don't want a good deal on good games....

9 minutes ago, Mr.Merbles said:

How is it spam when it's in the Video Game Deals section?  I'm telling you about a good offer for BF1 and Dead by Daylight in the section of the forum dedicated for such topics, just like other posts previous to mine....I mean, you don't HAVE to come to this section if you don't want a good deal on good games....

It's spam because nobody just joins a forum then immediately stats promoting a key reseller (Key resellers are terrible anyway and should be avoided). You're not fooling me, you're here to peddle that website., and it's obvious. At least have the dignity to not lie about it.

Edited by Shagger

4 minutes ago, Shagger said:

It's spam because nobody just joins a forum then immediately stats promoting a key reseller (Key resellers are terrible anyway and should be avoided). You're not fooling me, you're here to peddle that website., and it's obvious. At least have the dignity to not lie about it.

So how's it different than any other post in this section?  like yours for example, "60% off Control on the PS Store (YOU GOTTA BE QUICK!)"  you're still promoting a game, good one at that, that's on sale on a platform.  Sure, I literally just joined and I haven't lied about anything.  So if you got an issue with posts on good deals then you should have a problem with your own post.  I don't know about you, but i think most people would like to know they can get BF1 way cheaper than buying it from the Origin store for $30, but to each their own i suppose

11 minutes ago, Mr.Merbles said:

So how's it different than any other post in this section?  like yours for example, "60% off Control on the PS Store (YOU GOTTA BE QUICK!)"  you're still promoting a game, good one at that, that's on sale on a platform.  Sure, I literally just joined and I haven't lied about anything.  So if you got an issue with posts on good deals then you should have a problem with your own post.  I don't know about you, but i think most people would like to know they can get BF1 way cheaper than buying it from the Origin store for $30, but to each their own i suppose

It's different because I'm just a regular member who saw that deal and decided to share it. I have no affiliation with Remedy entertainment, 505 Games nor PlayStation. That is what this section is for, normal users coming across deals to share with the community. It is not a market stall to promote your affiliate's garbage. Why is it garbage you ask? Because Key Resellers are dodgy. The sale of used and even stolen game keys happens all the time.

Edited by Shagger

16 minutes ago, Shagger said:

It's different because I'm just a regular member who saw that deal and decided to share it. I have no affiliation with Remedy entertainment, 505 Games nor PlayStation. That is what this section is for, normal users coming across deals to share with the community. It is not a market stall to promote your affiliate's garbage. Why is it garbage you ask? Because Key Resellers are dodgy. The sale of used and even stolen game keys happens all the time.

Yeah I'd agree with some resellers are dodgy, like G2A for example.  They use a system similar to ebay or craigslist and allow individuals to sell game keys.  In setups like that, yes you can run into problems with non-legal keys, but that's why they offer support to remedy those issues.  most of the time they buy keys in bulk from devs or other retailers from different regions, which allows then to be so cheap because of the exchange rates and sales from different parts of the world. that's why there's global keys and regional keys, but when they allow individuals to sell then you never know how they got them  i only suggest cdkeys as i personally never had an issue with them and i've used them for a couple years now.  if they were so bad, im sure they would have gone out of business long ago, and it's not really a bad thing to be an affiliate with a company you're already sending traffic to anyway.  If PSN, Microsoft, or even Steam offered an affiliate program i'm sure you'd likely sign up for it as you can make a quick buck for sending them more business and folks still benefit from the sale...but when they don't have a sale, resellers make up the gap when a developer or platform doesn't offer anything on games that have been out for a while and still want full price for it, and sayign you'd rather pay full price is like saying you'd rather pay $1200 for apple to fix a mac when the guy down the street will fix it for $10 when it's just a minor issue.  It really comes down to how much money you want to spend for the same service/product.  So i'm only supporting cdkeys because i've never had an issue with them, and just like any other service/store/whatever out there various people are going to have different experiences so if you've had a bad experience in the past, then i don't blame you for not wanting to use resellers

28 minutes ago, Mr.Merbles said:

Yeah I'd agree with some resellers are dodgy, like G2A for example.  They use a system similar to ebay or craigslist and allow individuals to sell game keys.  In setups like that, yes you can run into problems with non-legal keys, but that's why they offer support to remedy those issues.  most of the time they buy keys in bulk from devs or other retailers from different regions, which allows then to be so cheap because of the exchange rates and sales from different parts of the world. that's why there's global keys and regional keys, but when they allow individuals to sell then you never know how they got them  i only suggest cdkeys as i personally never had an issue with them and i've used them for a couple years now.  if they were so bad, im sure they would have gone out of business long ago, and it's not really a bad thing to be an affiliate with a company you're already sending traffic to anyway.  If PSN, Microsoft, or even Steam offered an affiliate program i'm sure you'd likely sign up for it as you can make a quick buck for sending them more business and folks still benefit from the sale...but when they don't have a sale, resellers make up the gap when a developer or platform doesn't offer anything on games that have been out for a while and still want full price for it, and sayign you'd rather pay full price is like saying you'd rather pay $1200 for apple to fix a mac when the guy down the street will fix it for $10 when it's just a minor issue.  It really comes down to how much money you want to spend for the same service/product.  So i'm only supporting cdkeys because i've never had an issue with them, and just like any other service/store/whatever out there various people are going to have different experiences so if you've had a bad experience in the past, then i don't blame you for not wanting to use resellers

Actually I wouldn't, but even if I did I would be up front and transparent about it. It took a lot prodding for you to finally admit your affiliation. You were not honest, so why should anyone trust you? Frankly, the best thing for you would be to go away.

Edited by Shagger