Register Now
Ken2D

Social Media and Gaming?

Hey everyone! I’m back again with a couple more questions since I’ve gotten such good feedback from you all in the past from my other posts. We’re creating an experience that will allow users to connect all their games in one place for easy sharing of their game data. We’re wondering if (as gamers)you use social media to share anything gaming related. If you do what do you like to share and on what platforms/websites, aside from chat programs like discord?Is there something that you wish you could share online but can't currently? If you don’t enjoy sharing anything online do you use tools/programs that allow you to connect with other players for things like status (in a game, out of game, etc…), profiles or for playing together? 

For those that don’t use any social media or don’t share your gaming life on social media, how come you don’t? If you’re interested in what we’re doing you can check the link in my bio! Feel free to dm me too if you have any questions

- Ken2D

I have an Instagram that I haven't touched in forever, and a throwaway FB account. The only reason for that one, is that so many things are on FB and you have to have an account to view other accounts. I play with the images every so often so that the FB system thinks I'm using it. Other than that, my social media goes no further than a couple forums and YouTube.

Gaming is the only thing that keeps my head on straight. I need it to escape the real world. If I didn't have some sort of escape that completely took me out of this world, the results would not be pretty. I have to keep my hands, ears, and eyes occupied at all times, or I start getting tense and extremely antsy. I lash out, and people have gotten hurt in the past. I can't sit and watch a movie or TV unless my hands are occupied as well. It doesn't necessarily have to be a game if I'm trying to watch something, but something has to keep my hands occupied.

I mostly stay active on random streams to learn about gaming methods like how to play in FPS and MOBA. But I avoid sharing my personal information. The world I live in judge me for being a gamer who is past age 25 and so I prefer not to be on social media saying things about gaming. All I do is behind usernames like this or others, unfortunately. Someday I hope new generation wont judge me for playing games in my 30s 40s or 60s. 

I don't even have any social media accounts myself so that's a no from me. Even if I did have social media I wouldn't use it for sharing gaming stuff. I wouldn't think any people would care about it if I did post things about it.

I don't share much purely because I can't be bothered. But if a service were to automatically log and post things I wouldn't really mind. Except it would have to be a dedicated platform. For example I wouldn't want every trophy I earned to be posted on my facebook wall.

On 8/2/2020 at 1:53 AM, Spikey said:

I don't even have any social media accounts myself so that's a no from me. Even if I did have social media I wouldn't use it for sharing gaming stuff. I wouldn't think any people would care about it if I did post things about it.

So you don't have facebook and twitch? And you don't watch those streams?

11 hours ago, skyfire said:

So you don't have facebook and twitch? And you don't watch those streams?

Nope I do not. I don't have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Twitch,  I'm old school even though I'm young I hear social media does more damage then its used for good. Plus I find life is so much better without having social media accounts. Mind you I like watching videos on Youtube.

Edited by Spikey

1 hour ago, Spikey said:

Nope I do not. I don't have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Twitch,  I'm old school even though I'm young I hear social media does more damage then its used for good. Plus I find life is so much better without having social media accounts. Mind you I like watching videos on Youtube.

Nonsense! I have a Facebook and Twitter I use often enough and it hasn't affected my mental health at all.

c5d9c8844f63b9086ea93bb7e12a90c7.gif.2a2fdad5388991b5f3b852d79a8d8756.gif

Edited by Shagger

12 hours ago, Spikey said:

If you get involved in anything for long enough that is going to damage you. not necessarily social media. any thought process camps too much in head eventually burns you out. Yes youtube videos does not require you to login so watching them is easy.