Register Now
gamingains

3D Printed video game weapon replicas!

Hey! I've been 3D printing and handcrafting video game weapon props for years! Recently I launched an online store and I’m looking for new cool ideas to print! Can you help me out by leaving a comment of what video game weapon you would like to own and the best idea author will receive it for free! Go to link removed, leave a comment and I’ll make your custom 3D printed weapon!

0235c338-4b6a-4726-9df5-b1df3ee70eca.jpeg

Edited by Shagger

1 minute ago, The Blackangel said:

I'll help you out. Click on the thing in the upper right hand corner where you see your name, and a little drop down menu will appear. At the bottom of that it says Sign Out.

Click it.

@DC Can you at least remove the link from this asshole?

A bit of SSP imo is OK, so long as it'san honest endeavour and the person is upfront about it, not this to mention this is actually very cool and pretty harmless. It's not like that prick yesterday posting potentially dangerous re-direct links to game deals and peddling his dodgy affiliates. The link 404's though and doesn't work, so @gamingainsmight wanna have a look.

I don't have a problem with people buying/selling/trading here. But when that's their first post, it pisses me off. I don't care what they're peddling. They just want revenue and don't give 2 shits about contributing to a forum. If this was someone that we all knew like @skyfire or @DylanC or @killamch89 or someone, then I would be all over it asking for items. But some dickhead making only that one post is bullshit.

On 8/14/2020 at 4:44 PM, Zro said:

Well, i don't have any interest with 3D weapon by the way do you make it your self or download and modify it

I think he will download and then modify it. I have experience with 3D modeling and they're hell hard while modifying is easy and fast

On 7/16/2020 at 5:32 PM, The Blackangel said:

I don't have a problem with people buying/selling/trading here. But when that's their first post, it pisses me off. I don't care what they're peddling. They just want revenue and don't give 2 shits about contributing to a forum. If this was someone that we all knew like @skyfire or @DylanC or @killamch89 or someone, then I would be all over it asking for items. But some dickhead making only that one post is bullshit.

There is a good way to go about things and it's exactly how you explained it. If you want to be accepted with whatever you want to sell in a community, make yourself belong with them and see them not feeling awkward when you put up something you want to peddle online in the platform. 

On 9/17/2021 at 10:56 AM, Heatman said:

There is a good way to go about things and it's exactly how you explained it. If you want to be accepted with whatever you want to sell in a community, make yourself belong with them and see them not feeling awkward when you put up something you want to peddle online in the platform. 

That is not that serious issue at all. If you guys think that he is breaking the rule, simply delete the thread and ban the user. There is no need for hue and cry. I never mind, if the rule does not restrict someone posting thread about some cool gadgets/accesories.

On 9/18/2021 at 12:40 PM, Razor1911 said:

That is not that serious issue at all. If you guys think that he is breaking the rule, simply delete the thread and ban the user. There is no need for hue and cry. I never mind, if the rule does not restrict someone posting thread about some cool gadgets/accesories.

Well, I believe that everything depends on the Admins discretion on what to allow and what not to if it infringes on the rules. 

On 9/22/2021 at 10:29 PM, Head_Hunter said:

I believe the rules was put first to every user to read and adhere to forum posting. And not posting against the forum wish, it can be deemed rules violation. The first thing I do is reading the website FAQ before using the website. 

Seriously - the truth of the matter is that most people hardly read all these forum rules thoroughly, otherwise they will not be breaching them. 

On 9/22/2021 at 10:29 PM, Head_Hunter said:

I believe the rules was put first to every user to read and adhere to forum posting. And not posting against the forum wish, it can be deemed rules violation. The first thing I do is reading the website FAQ before using the website. 

On 9/18/2021 at 12:40 PM, Razor1911 said:

On 9/24/2021 at 8:54 PM, Heatman said:

Seriously - the truth of the matter is that most people hardly read all these forum rules thoroughly, otherwise they will not be breaching them. 

Clearly, none of you three really know what you're talking about because none of you did the right thing. If you see a post you believe is in violation of forum rules, you don't debate it openly on the forum, you report it and let either myself or @DC handle it from there.

Listen, all three of you, and in fact everyone, but especially you @Heatman because you have been doing this a lot. Before posting on threads, look at age of them and think to yourself "Is this still relevant? Is this worth bringing back?". In the case of old SSP posts that would have been deleted under the current rules, that is answer is most defiantly a no. Yes, the Forum Rules and Guidelines as they currently stand forbid posts that only exist for the purposes of promotion;

329086030_guidlinespromotion.thumb.png.ca14e193cdf8a29f390f00a86f6cbd80.png

But these rules are, and have always been, subject to change. In other words, this rule wasn't always in place and wasn't always enforced as strictly as it is now. Indeed, it was only around the time this thread was originally posted OVER A YEAR AGO  that this all started to come into place. Why? Well, the post @The Blackangelmade at the time kind of sums it up. The community was fed up with the sheer volume of this crap that was getting posted to the site at the time. It was around a month later after THIS thread was created that @DC offered me a position as a moderator to help better enforce the new rules and clear spam posting. The opening post of this thread is in violation of this rules, along with so many others, but they were never removed because;

1. Deleting these threads would remove a large amount of perfectly innocent response posts.
  2. The process to do so would be time consuming.
  3. Banning these accounts wouldn't really make a difference as the OP's of posts like this tend to disappear after that one post anyway.
  4. It would not be fair to penalise people for posting SSP before there was a rule against it.

This thread is not the problem. The problem is when people re-awaken long dead promotional threads like this to "call them out". This is why I need you @Heatman especially to pay attention to what I'm saying as it was you who kicked this dead thread back into life after well over a year since the last post on it just to say this;

image_2021-09-24_213033.thumb.png.c0adbb755426233543e152f69590792e.png

And spark a whole debate about the rules on promotion on VGR, and for what?

This isn't even the first time I've talked to you about posting on dead promotional threads, is it? Back then I was asking you nicely, but now consider this me officially telling you. Stop it. Stop posting on dead threads that have no current relevance, especially old promotional threads like this that would have been deleted if somebody tried to post them today. I don't know why you feel the need to awaken long dead threads like this, but I'm telling it is not worth it and it adds nothing of value to the VGR forum. It doesn't take much to tell when a thread is worth posting on after some time has passed and when it is not worth it, just a little common sense, please.

And that goes for everyone. Yes, it is good forum educate to check if a thread already exists on a certain topic and to post on that instead of starting a new thread, but just think it through first. Again, common sense.

Since the OP has never been back and the link in his post is still broken, I'll remove the link and lock this thread to further discussion. And please, if anyone has questions about the forum rules, ask either myself or @DC, don't debate them amongst yourselves as if they're subject to opinion.

Edited by Shagger

Just to reiterate one more time as well. The report function is there for a reason and people shouldn't be afraid to use it. Using it is not an attempt to "taddle" on anyone or get someone in trouble and we will always look at an issue impartially. Whether we do or do not take action will depend on that individual case. You can access the report function via a drop down menu by clicking on this icon on the top-right hand corner of any post.

rep1.thumb.png.a29f45ee3bfdbfedb28d62903971bb22.png

It is preferable to use the report function then sending a DM, it's actually faster and helps us keep better tack of issues on the form, so DON'T dm myself of DC about an issue, use the report function.