Register Now
DudeThatsErin

IPads for Gaming: Is it something you would use?

Unless you are rich and can handle the maintenance in these tough times. I think ipads for gaming is a bit rich hobby especially for those who use tap based games that can pretty much wear out the touchscreen in a 6 months or so. I personally prefer android cheap tablets, use it, play hard and throw them. 

There's nothing wrong with mobile devices for gaming, the issue is the mobile gaming market. Most mobile games are a disgusting droplet of squid ink in a sea of disgusting squid ink. I believe it's possible to find a pearl or two in there somewhere, but it's just not worth the effort. The infection of horrible games with even worse business practices is so widespread, integral and worst of all accepted now that I don't think it will be taken seriously. Well, at least not by me.

On 7/18/2020 at 9:04 AM, SaucyPastaTho said:

Nope. For me I have to use either a console or a PC very rarely would I use a handheld console aswell.

I think there are games specific to the mobile version and so the tablet being attached to mobile app store. so the OP is asking in that context. 

On 7/16/2020 at 12:44 PM, The Blackangel said:

I used to use an iPad for gaming. Until it pissed me off and I broke it with a whiskey bottle. That was the first iPad, and I haven't had one since.

Oof. That is annoying. I want to say I’m sorry but you seem fine without it so....

On 7/16/2020 at 2:46 PM, skyfire said:

Unless you are rich and can handle the maintenance in these tough times. I think ipads for gaming is a bit rich hobby especially for those who use tap based games that can pretty much wear out the touchscreen in a 6 months or so. I personally prefer android cheap tablets, use it, play hard and throw them. 

If you use a screen protector and take care of your tablet, there isn’t much wear and tear. Depends on how much you are gaming though. iPads are incredibly durable and can handle all that tapping.

On 7/16/2020 at 6:44 PM, Shagger said:

There's nothing wrong with mobile devices for gaming, the issue is the mobile gaming market. Most mobile games are a disgusting droplet of squid ink in a sea of disgusting squid ink. I believe it's possible to find a pearl or two in there somewhere, but it's just not worth the effort. The infection of horrible games with even worse business practices is so widespread, integral and worst of all accepted now that I don't think it will be taken seriously. Well, at least not by me.

I’m sorry you feel that way. I love the mobile gaming, same with my sister. She is always playing games on her phone. They can get so addicting.

On 7/17/2020 at 11:34 PM, SaucyPastaTho said:

Nope. For me I have to use either a console or a PC very rarely would I use a handheld console aswell.

To each their own.

On 7/21/2020 at 7:38 AM, skyfire said:

I think there are games specific to the mobile version and so the tablet being attached to mobile app store. so the OP is asking in that context. 

Yeah, I was, thanks. 🙂

6 hours ago, DudeThatsErin said:

If you use a screen protector and take care of your tablet, there isn’t much wear and tear. Depends on how much you are gaming though. iPads are incredibly durable and can handle all that tapping.

Yes to some extent, the FPS and the battle royale tapping goes beyond the minimum number of touch and the tap it can handle on the screen. 

13 hours ago, DudeThatsErin said:

Oof. That is annoying. I want to say I’m sorry but you seem fine without it so....

I'm good to go. I play games on my phone, and I'm content with that. I wouldn't mind having a bigger screen, but have no immediate plans to acquire another iPad. I know they've fixed a lot of the bugs since the first one, so it may be worth looking in to. But the first one was such a piece of shit.

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I'm good to go. I play games on my phone, and I'm content with that. I wouldn't mind having a bigger screen, but have no immediate plans to acquire another iPad. I know they've fixed a lot of the bugs since the first one, so it may be worth looking in to. But the first one was such a piece of shit.

Yeah, they were really bad back then but now they are a lot better. 🙂

I've hated Apple since the Apple2 computer I had to use in 7th grade typing class. But I do use an iPhone. I'll never own a Mac Book, or any Mac machine other than an iPhone or iPad. I prefer a PC. I like computers over Macs. I know someone is going to comment that Macs are computers, but technically they're not. They do the same thing, but it's like comparing a truck to a motorcycle. They do the same thing, but they're not the same thing.

On 7/25/2020 at 2:39 PM, AndreiMirfi said:

I never had a Apple product. I, sometimes, play games on my Android phone when I'm away from my PC and I'm very bored. My phone is a Galaxy S7, so the screen is not so big and the gameplay is not so good.

Yeah, the S7 was a good phone during its time. May be getting time to upgrade though lol

On 7/25/2020 at 4:01 PM, The Blackangel said:

I've hated Apple since the Apple2 computer I had to use in 7th grade typing class. But I do use an iPhone. I'll never own a Mac Book, or any Mac machine other than an iPhone or iPad. I prefer a PC. I like computers over Macs. I know someone is going to comment that Macs are computers, but technically they're not. They do the same thing, but it's like comparing a truck to a motorcycle. They do the same thing, but they're not the same thing.

Good points. 🙂 To each their own.

On 7/26/2020 at 12:09 AM, AndreiMirfi said:

I never had a Apple product. I, sometimes, play games on my Android phone when I'm away from my PC and I'm very bored. My phone is a Galaxy S7, so the screen is not so big and the gameplay is not so good.

As much as I hate Apple. I must admit they make strong devices. Like android phones and the random windows or linux laptops hardly survive drops. whereas the apple devices can stand a lot of damage. I won't be surprised they come out with the first device in market where it can turn out to be a waterproof device.