Register Now
DudeThatsErin

IPads for Gaming: Is it something you would use?

On 8/7/2020 at 5:18 PM, Spikey said:

I would never let my friends borrow my expensive items for that very reason. You never know what they might do with it and can easily break your item and they most likely won't help to try to fix it.

Exactly. Unfortunately, I found this out the hard way although atleast I've learnt from my mistake. He offered to pay £40, which hardly covers the cost of repair, let alone a new or refurbished iPad Mini! 

21 hours ago, Alexander. said:

Exactly. Unfortunately, I found this out the hard way although atleast I've learnt from my mistake. He offered to pay £40, which hardly covers the cost of repair, let alone a new or refurbished iPad Mini! 

The thing is anything that has a lot of maintenance cost, it's not worth giving it to anyone. 

Certainly not. I've never been too excited about mobile gaming.

Three reasons why I can't get used to playing on a phone or tablet is that

1. The controls just aren't as comfortable as using a PS4 or Xbox controller
  2. I simply can't take it seriously since console gaming is so much more competitive.
  3. The graphics on mobile vs. console are much different

The only types of "games" I have downloaded on my phone are apps like crosswords, sudoku and other brain games to get me started in the morning with my coffee.

On 8/23/2020 at 9:11 PM, KuroInDistress said:

For small hyper casual games maybe, but not anything major.

Yes major games like fortnite and the PUBG would destroy the device after enough tapping for hours. I mean you can't expect ipad to survive if you play like 5 hours a day and for doing this 6 months. 

On 8/25/2020 at 7:21 PM, skyfire said:

Yes major games like fortnite and the PUBG would destroy the device after enough tapping for hours. I mean you can't expect ipad to survive if you play like 5 hours a day and for doing this 6 months. 

I think most modern devices would be able to survive modern games, although battery life through constant charge depletion might take a hit

On 7/16/2020 at 5:44 PM, The Blackangel said:

I used to use an iPad for gaming. Until it pissed me off and I broke it with a whiskey bottle. That was the first iPad, and I haven't had one since.

What actually led it to getting you pissed off so bad that you had to employ a whiskey bottle to break the device? 

Ps. I never gamed with iPad as I don't or never even have one. 

On 9/12/2021 at 1:54 AM, The Blackangel said:

It wasn't registering my finger when I tried to use it. I would try to open an app or play a game, and it wouldn't register it. It just got to a point that it pissed me off so bad that I grabbed my whiskey bottle and smashed it.

Good riddance as far as I'm concerned.

You sure do have quite a temper especially with you have had it with something or someone that gets on your nerves. 

For years my iPad/s were my primary gaming device at one point, people able to go out and play while waiting or do Pokemon on the go 🙂 However I say that has been long gone and they are or people are bored and moved on. My Teblet doesn't go well with games.