Register Now
The Blackangel

To those that go specifically for first person games

On 8/18/2020 at 8:35 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Third person: I'm floating over someone else's shoulder awkwardly as the world spins around me, a million miles from the action. And everything around me is so small and hard to see.

First person: I'm the person in the game, seeing through my own eyes, immersed in the action, and things look like they do in real life.

Some third-person games do make a point of making the "camera" be the player character, not their focus. Such as in Super Mario 64, you're playing as Mario but it's the Lakitu's eyes (or rather camera lens) you're looking through. In some Warhammer 40,000 games, Servo Skulls play a similar role. 🤣

I disagree with your conclusions, but I get the general premise of what you're saying, I just can't put into words what I think myself.

Edited by Withywarlock

Third person game (TP) is a popular one with first person's game ( FP) I'm still anticipating more of second person game. Being in a third person position will put you in a foresight of aiming well, but second person position would've been the best to aim better against your opponents in shooting challenge. 

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I kind of disagree - It depends on the game itself. In some games, FP makes is more useful and in some games, third person is more useful. FP certainly suits fast-paced games like Call Of Duty and Battlefield among other FPS. Adventure games typically tend to be third person.

Yeah, but why not we are given the option to chose the mode ourselves. There are some games, namely PUBG where you can change the game mode from FPS to Third person and vice versa in the middle of the game. The player can easily choose according to their convenience.

On 9/17/2021 at 2:10 AM, killamch89 said:

Honest, First Person makes you feel more immersed in the game as you're seeing things through the eyes of your character instead of a shoulder view or from behind them. It also helps with aiming in certain instances.

Exactly - it's actually one of the main reasons why I prefer shooting games made in first person shooter mode.