Register Now
Redschyte

Trying to improve my shooting skill

The best way to improve your accuracy on Valorant wouldn't be to practice shooting on another game. Continue playing as you normally do and your reflexes will just naturally sharpen - making you a better player. It's also helpful for some to watch videos on YouTube when you aren't playing and pick up some tricks from other players.

As someone who has played games in the past such as Call of Duty, Fortnite, Apex Legends I have found that the only thing that can improve your aim and even your overall game play is time and practice. The more you play and the more you analyse your mistakes the better you will become within time. You will also find that you will notice ways such as how to change settings better benefit you as a gamer within the game as well that helps you become a better player. 

When things don't go well in a game and you miss your shots, take a moment to think about what might have gone wrong. By reflecting on your mistakes, you can figure out which areas you need to work on and come up with strategies to overcome those challenges. This way, you can grow and become better at the game. Practice makes perfect at the end of the day - I've played many Battle Royale and FPS games, it just takes time! 

Games are usually different in terms of NPC movement and intelligence, what kind of gun you are using, how much ammo before reloading, weapon sway, and how much chaos is going on. Using shotguns doesn’t require precision. Machine guns usually start out as wonky, and the more you shoot the gun shoots upwards. Revolvers get annoying cause you have to reload after 6 shots, and the reload usually happens right when you finally have that good shot. Bow and arrow you have to measure distance and aim a little higher. Bazooka you shouldn’t be in a confined space. And it gets even harder to hit your target when they charge at you real fast and move around like some creatures and pumped up zombies do. Sometimes you may not know what to expect, what kind of enemy will pop out at you or what kind of gun you should have equipped for a fast reaction. I guess it just depends on the game and learning the actions of your enemies. But that isn’t full proof because there could always be a new type of enemy as you progress. I usually stay by one side of the room or next to an object to take quick cover instead of going right into the open. Sometimes it is wiser to pick off the weaker lower ranks to reduce the number of guns shooting at you, that way you can then focus more precision on the stronger target. Other times it may be a better choice to eliminate the stronger target first if they shoot explosives or are plain maniacs that charge you. There are all different sorts of play styles. Close quarters, or they charge at you, use shotgun. Lots of enemies coming in from a distance, use rifle. Throw explosives if you have any. Many times I forget to throw grenades, or I try to save them. But now I’m becoming more liberal using them. Sometimes you get a clue as to what weapon you should be carrying or what to use by picking up the type of ammo laying around or a weapon. If I see a sniper rifle, I’m getting the hint to find a spot and use it. I guess just look for clues, be aware of your surroundings, keep your guns loaded, and be ready. Shooting the head is always best, but not easy. 

Your aiming will improve for sure. Just focus playing with one gun only for a month at least. Spend sometime to identify that sensitivity levels of the mouse works best for you and helps you take those epic flick shots or simple shots to the head. Head being most delicate part of an enemy, aiming at it will give you huge advantage. Just practice being patient. You'll see yourself play better soon. Don't lose hope. 🙂