Register Now
The Blackangel

What's your favorite home console?

On 10/29/2022 at 5:55 AM, The Blackangel said:

What's stopping you? I play on mine all the time. I'm a classic gamer and play systems from the N64 back. Yes I do have a PS5, but it's mostly for RDR2. I have several PS4 games I play on that, but don't touch it anywhere near as much as I play my NES, SNES, N64, PS1, Sega Genesis, Atari 2600, and Game Boy.

Maybe she doesn't have the console anymore and getting her hands on a working one without getting scammed/ripped off is a challenge within itself. I mean have you seen the prices for older consoles on Ebay? A good deal of them cost more than a PS5. That being said, it's still possible with enough persistence but she can also install an emulator on her PC or tablet if that doesn't work out.

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Maybe she doesn't have the console anymore and getting her hands on a working one without getting scammed/ripped off is a challenge within itself. I mean have you seen the prices for older consoles on Ebay? A good deal of them cost more than a PS5. That being said, it's still possible with enough persistence but she can also install an emulator on her PC or tablet if that doesn't work out.

And here I am sitting on 6 NES consoles, 4 SNES consoles, and 3 N64 consoles. And that's not counting the ones that are CIB. And before anyone asks, NO they are not that sickening flashback bullshit. They are real Nintendo systems.

Mine is hands down the Sega Mega Drive or Genesis if you live in North America. This was the first gaming console I played as a kid, with Sonic 1 being the first game I ever played too. I currently own four of them, including a Sega CD model 2 and a Sega 32X. My second favorite gaming console is probably a tie between the PS2 and Gamecube. I have many fond memories playing both consoles as a teenager in the 00's.

On 2/24/2023 at 6:04 PM, Ravenfreak said:

Mine is hands down the Sega Mega Drive or Genesis if you live in North America. This was the first gaming console I played as a kid, with Sonic 1 being the first game I ever played too. I currently own four of them, including a Sega CD model 2 and a Sega 32X. My second favorite gaming console is probably a tie between the PS2 and Gamecube. I have many fond memories playing both consoles as a teenager in the 00's.

Genesis has a place in my heart forever. I didn't have a gensis for too long, as I had a SNES and NES I played a lot back in those days, but the Genesis is probably one of my all time favorites just because of nostalgia. It doesn't pass the NES or SNES for me, but it's up there for sure. 

On 3/8/2023 at 7:02 PM, Kane99 said:

Genesis has a place in my heart forever. I didn't have a gensis for too long, as I had a SNES and NES I played a lot back in those days, but the Genesis is probably one of my all time favorites just because of nostalgia. It doesn't pass the NES or SNES for me, but it's up there for sure. 

Same - I had the Genesis for like 1-2 years until it got replaced by the SNES. I used to play Killer Instinct, Sonic and Mortal Kombat on it as a kid.