Register Now
DudeThatsErin

Do you use cakes.com?

6 hours ago, AndreiMirfi said:

I think the best site for game deals is G2A.com. I used it twice.

I have touched on this before;

Firstly, and most importantly, I would avoid key resellers, especially G2A.

The idea is that people put up unused game keys for sale to unlock games on digital sales platforms such as Steam. It's easy to end up with extra games keys that you don't want. For example, unwanted gifts or if you bought a bundle but there are games in that bundle you already own, you could sell those keys on these sites to someone else that wants them. It's kind of like an eBay for game keys and digital software. The key reselling sites of course take a cut of that sale and/or host ads on the site that's how they make money.

The first problem is you can only take these resellers at their word that the keys are genuine and haven't been used, so it's always a risk. Second issue, and this is especially true with G2A, these sites have been known to sell games bought from the original retailer with stolen credit card info, turning their store fronts into a front for fraud. G2A has found itself in hot water over this a lot of the last 2-3 years.

Yes, keys on these sites can be very cheep, much cheaper than buying direct from Steam, Epic Game Store, GOG, PSN, XBox Live or whoever it happens to be, but I personally wouldn't be tempted by them.

It's so bad indie devs' were preferring fans to pirate their games rather than use G2A. 

I'd avoid key resellers altogether, but at the very least don't use G2A, they're basically an front for fraud.

8 minutes ago, AndreiMirfi said:

I didn't know that. Well, I haven't used this service a lot because there aren't always good sales. 

Anyways, they give you what you want so that counts... I guess?

With all due respect that's a really self-centred, "bury your head in the sand" way to look at it. It hurts developers (especially indie developers), give thieves an easy avenue to get away with fraud, buyers have to risk buying a stolen game keys that could be revoked at any time without refund, but I get what I want, so it's cool, right?

I obviously can't make you, I can only ask. Please, don't support G2A. 

50 minutes ago, Shagger said:

With all due respect that's a really self-centred, "bury your head in the sand" way to look at it. It hurts developers (especially indie developers), give thieves an easy avenue to get away with fraud, buyers have to risk buying a stolen game keys that could be revoked at any time without refund, but I get what I want, so it's cool, right?

I'm not supporting G2A. I just never had a bad experience with this thing and this service is safe in my country. If you can't understand me, it's ok.

50 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I'm not supporting G2A. I just never had a bad experience with this thing and this service is safe in my country. If you can't understand me, it's ok.

20 minutes ago, AndreiMirfi said:

If you don't mind me asking, where are you from?

Discussing this topic is fine. If we offer our opinion based on the facts. You can be for it or against it. But we need to approach the topic with maturity, because a lot of people will get heated about it, as they feel extremely passionate about it. Say what you want, say how you feel. Give reasoning in your eyes for your stance. But don't daemonize others for having a differing stance.

Me personally, I don't like it. To me it's just another method of stealing games. And I've become a fan of a LOT of indie games. And indie developers don't have the power that Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo have. They can go under from one game, if they're small enough. And some are that small, even though they make amazing games. I've become a fan of the publisher nakana.io here recently. To my knowledge, they're one of the smaller publishers in the industry. But they make some amazing games. As I respect them for that, I would never steal from them.

Whether you like a game or not, you have to choose whether or not you respect the publisher on your decision to steal keys.

Edited by The Blackangel